Chapter Two

Ding, ding, ding. Answer your phone. Ding, ding, ding. It's Liz on the phone. Ding, ding, ding. You know this will keep going. Ding, ding, ding. Do not make me call again. Ding, ding, ding You're really testing me. Ding, ding, ding. You better hurry up.

I reach for my phone as I hear the ring tone Lizzy recorded of herself so I would 'always know it was her'. I don't know how many people she thinks rings me but my contacts are limited to her, my mum, brother and work so I really don't think I would have to think much about who was going to ring me. Also, has she never heard of caller I.D? Mental note, educate Liz on the advancements that have been made in technology.

I answer my phone before it stops ringing because I know she will just keep calling until I answer. "Hello?"

"Heeeeeeey Ava. How you doing? Much going on in your life right now?" she says in an unusually interested voice.

"Since yesterday? No not much has changed. Thanks for asking though, I guess," I reply confused about her small talk.

"So how is your dating account going? Any hits yet?" she questions.

Pulling my phone away to check if I have any notifications, I see there is nothing except for one message from a guy saying 'Hey baby girl. Cutting straight to the case, I want you. I'm irresistible so let's meet up and get this out of the way.'

"Nope. No hits yet," I say in a voice probably a bit to high to be believable. I quickly click on the message, blocking 'Thewomandestroyer93' and deleting any evidence of him from my inbox. I don't know if Lizzy actually believes me but she doesn't question me which I'm thankful for. It's way too early in the morning to hear her I told you so voice in my ear.

"Well that is no problem at all because I am going to get you a date for today!" she practically yells through the phone. "Just one little problem. I need you to pick me up and take me to the shops please because Grace had to use the car today."

"Ugh. You're going to get me a date from the shops? You're onto a really winner there Liz," I say sarcastically as I start looking through my wardrobe for something to wear.

"Yeah okay miss smarty pants. I'm sure mine will be a lot better than your lifelonglover dude," she responds. "Anyway. I've got to finish something real quick so I'll see you in twenty?" she questions, though I'm sure she already knows that I wouldn't say no to her.

"Yeah, yeah. Twenty mins. I'll be there. But if you're not ready I'm leaving and coming straight back home okay," I say as I walk into the bathroom.

"Looove you!" she says drawing out the words before hanging up.

I jump in the shower to freshen myself up. I turn the music up on my phone and start dancing and singing along. Some how my moves have turned into me doing Kungfu but when I am in the shower they seem like some really hard moves to master and when I whip them out on the dancefloor, everyone will be amazed and be at a loss for words, wishing they looked as good as me while doing it. When I get out of the shower however, I continue doing these great moves into the mirror and realise just how ridiculous I look. Mental note, YouTube easy club dance moves.

©

Pulling up to Lizzy's house, I toot the horn twice to let her know that I am here. I start flicking through the songs on my phone, trying to find something that I'm in the mood for when I hear a tap at the window. I look up and unlock the door for Lizzy but am completely mortified at what I see in front of me.

"Ayyyy. Ayyyy. So, what do you think?" Lizzy says while doing a slow twirl. She seems so impressed with herself but I am horrified. She has a white shirt on with a big picture of my face on it and written on the front it says 'She's available AND desperate. What more do you want?' and on the back it has 'Contact AVA at 0455 662 990 to go on the best date of your life.'