Chapter Twelve

The next morning is an odd one. I wake up as I usually do and as I'm brushing my teeth, I remember that I lost my first kiss last night. But what does this mean? Was he just feeling sorry for me? Was it a one-time thing or does he want more? I don't know and I don't even have time to think about it because I hear an annoyingly familiar ring tone blare from my phone.

"Hello Lizzy," I say with a mouth full of toothpaste, deciding afterwards that this conversation will probably be more successful if I spit it out.

"Ava girl, how was your date last night?" she questions sounding full of energy.

"The date was a no show,"

"Well that's actually perfect because I have bagged you the experience of a life-time for tonight."

"No Lizzy, I can't."

"Of course you can. I know you are probably a bit disheartened but listen to me, you won't want to say no to this."

"No."

"Ava. Don't be such a party pooper."

"Lizzy, you don't understand. My date didn't show last night b-,"

"Yes, I know, I heard you the first time."

"Lizzy!" I shout slightly frustrated, "would just let me talk for a moment."

"Fine, whatever. Go ahead," she grumbles.

"I got stood up BUT I ended up going out with Mason."

"What!"

"And we kissed."

"Ava, oh my gosh I should have known. There was so much sexual tension between the two of you."

"There was no sexual tension."

"Oh, there was definitely sexual tension."

"Yeah okay, anyway. So now you see why I can't go on another date."

"Ha ha. Yes, well the thing about that is, you still have to go on it."

"Did you even listen to anything I just said?"

"Yes I did but I had to put a deposit down for tonight."

"Did you hire me a hooker or something?"

"No! But you are sort of being auctioned off for a date."

"Oh, so I'm the hooker?"

"Not a hooker!"

"I thought all of my dates were meant to take place at Food for the People anyway."

"Yes well this is why everything worked out so perfectly. The company doing this actually couldn't book the hall they usually use so I suggested why don't they book out the Food for the People restaurant and hold the function there."

"But Mason works there."

"Yes."

"And he's going to see me get auctioned off to some random guy."

"Yes."

"Lizzy!"

"Ava! Come on please do this for me. If you pull out I don't get my money back and I'm sure Mason will understand. He seems like an extremely understanding guy!"

"Lizzy you've met him once. How on earth would you know if he's understanding or not. You used to just call him the waiter guy!"

"Stop living in the past Ava. I have a six sense and it is telling me that he will uunderstand."