Chapter Fifteen

Fast forward roughly 9 months.

"Hello baby, baby, baby. Gucci, Gucci, goo!" I say into Shay's stomach. "Do you get annoyed with people doing this?" I question in regards to be touching and talking to her belly.

"Sometimes but that's more with strangers. Don't worry though you don't, I'm used to you," she laughs as I take a seat next to her.

"So you seriously don't know if it is a girl or boy?" I question.

"Nope, we wont a surprise. As long as our baby is healthy we are happy," she responds a smile taking over her face.

"Would you at least please tell me what you're thinking for names. I can keep a secret, I swear!"

"You can't keep a secret to save your life. I told you about the surprise party I was throwing for Jessie and you barely kept it to yourself for a week."
"That's unfair. I still firmly believe that Jessie slipped something in my drink that day, like a truth serum or something."
"uh huh, whatever helps you sleep at night."
"She has a point," Mason pipes in as he sits across from us, "I remember telling you that I stole my sister's money when we were younger and the next time you saw her the first thing out of your mouth was you blurting my secret to her."
"I feel that this is unfair because now I have two people ganging up on me and that is what us adults call bullying," I pout, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Come on guys, she did keep the dance at our wedding a secret," Jessie says as he joins our conversation.

"See! Thank you Jessie. Finally, someone who is on my side," I say sticking my tongue out childishly.

Life has been good. Mason and I have been going strong for a while now which has been great. Lizzy and Grace keep telling me they are going to set a date for their wedding but they are both so undecisive they keep putting it off. Thankfully Lizzy got that dreadful cast off of her leg because she was seriously becoming a nightmare with it. Mum just keeps getting more gorgeous as the days go on. She is seriously glowing. Mental note, ask mum what skin care products she is using because I seriously need to invest in them. And of course, Jessie and Shay are better than ever. They had a blast on their honeymoon and now they are just getting ready for their little baby. It really should be any day now. Although Shay is smiling, I can tell she's ready for it to come out.

And me? Well I am still the clumsy girl that I have always been but now I am a clumsy girl who has a Mason to take away some of the embarrassment. I'm passing all of my classes at Uni which is such a relief and I'm still working at Bunnings.

"You know," I start as I turn my attention to Shay, "I watched a childbirth once in health class when I was in high school and let me tell you, it is the best form of birth control I have ever seen. The woman's vagina literally got ripped open and they had to stitch it back up and let me tell you, it did not look pretty."

"Ava!" mum says sternly as she joins us, 'was that really necessary to share?"

"No, I guess not," I mumble and give an apologetic smile to Shay.

"It's okay Ava, I guess if it's going to happen, it's going to happen."

We are all relaxed and just enjoying ourselves when I feel something warm on my leg. I reach down and touch it and realise it's wet. I look up at Shay and realise it is coming from her. Leaning over to her, I whisper in her ear, "Shay, I don't want to embarrass you but I think you might have peed yourself."

She looks down and her eyes widen. She turns to Jessie and he looks at her strangely.

"My water just broke," she says, barely showing any emotion.