Chapter Six

I woke up to a message from Jessie this morning asking for me to help him decide on a suit for his wedding. I was shocked to say the least, they only got engaged a few days ago but he told me that him and Shay just couldn't bare to wait and want their wedding to happen as soon as possible.

It would be so easy for me to assume that the real reason they want the wedding to be done so early is because they don't want to do it later on when Shay has a big baby bump, or after she's given birth because it would just be too hard with a baby and consequently, they would be shorter on money.

It would be such an easy thing, to assume that, and I have no doubt that when some of our friends and family find out that Shay is pregnant, I'm sure they'll be thinking exactly that, but I know the truth. I know Jessie and Shay and I know that none of those factors have influenced their decision because they wouldn't care when, where or how they get married because they are just so deeply in love with each other.

There was a time that I thought that their love for each other would eventually disappear and they would go their separate ways but they defied the odds and have proven to me that the fairy tale romance that so many people crave, (myself included), is real but is most likely one in a million. I don't mind though, because I would give up my perfect romance a hundred times over if it meant my brother could be with his one true love.

"So, what do you think about this one?" my brother questions, looking at himself in the mirror. I look him up and down and try to show him a supportive smile but he sees through it within two seconds. "You don't like it," he states looking slightly deflated.

"It's not that I don't like it. It's just that it kind of looks exactly the same as the last four you have tried on," I say trying not to bring down his spirits too much.

"No, you're right. I just want it to be perfect."

"I know you do but you do know that Shay is going to marry you no matter what suit you pick. I mean she's not going to look and you and be like 'ugh, he went with that one," and then ditch you at the altar."

"I know that. It's just that it is such a big decision and I just want to look as good as possible." He sits down on the couch next to me and leans his head back on the cushions behind us.

"Look. You stay here and I'll go and see if I can find you something else, okay?" I say, getting a double thumbs up which I take as confirmation to go.

Looking through the racks, absolutely nothing is jumping out at me. I go to meet back up with Jessie, empty handed unfortunately when I hear a voice that sounds annoyingly familiar. I follow the voice, hearing them say "Alright, I call you later," before seeing who it belongs to. I drop to the floor in hopes of hiding but I somehow got myself caught on one of the suits and the whole rack comes tumbling down on top of me.

I lie there for a minute, not moving, just trying to evaluate all of the moments in my life that lead me to this point before I hear people trying to lift the coat rack back up. I accept the hand in front of me and get pulled up, back onto my feet and recognition sweeps across Mason's face. He turns and helps the shop assistant put the suits back on the rack before telling them that he's got this and will make sure I'm alright. They leave without much convincing.

"Ava. So, one of your dates worked out well I'm guessing," he says smirking at me.

"If you must know they have all been brilliant but I've decided to just see who else is out there first before making any decisions," I reply stubbornly, crossing my arms over my chest in a huff.

"Right. Because the sweat master was a real hit, and then there was the boy who was clearly into the opposite sex and oh! Let's not for the little millionaire who must be half your age. Yeah. You're right. They were brilliant."