Chapter Nine

"I hate myself, I hate myself, I hate myself," I grumble to myself while banging my head lightly on the kitchen counter.

I got up early this morning and the events from last night all came rushing back to me. Last night, I took embarrassing myself to a whole new level. Some of the details are a bit foggy but I vaguely remember rubbing water all over Mr. Sexy's face. God, I can only imagine the millions of different ways that date will be retold to all of his friends. I guess Jessie was right, I always do know how to entertain people, I would just rather it not have to be at the expense of my dignity.

I look up at mum as she slides me a hot chocolate.

"I even put marshmallows in it," she says, giving me a sympathetic smile.

"Thanks mum, if only marshmallows could solve all of my problems," I cry, before taking a sip. Mm, that is some good hot chocolate.

"Aw hun, I'm sure it'll all work it's self out."

Ding, ding, ding. Answer your phone. Ding, ding, ding. It's Liz on the phone. Ding, ding, ding. You know this will keep going. Ding, ding-

"Hello Lizzy," I say as I open the camera on facetime.

"You didn't forget, did you?" Lizzy questions through the phone.

"Didn't forget what?"

"Come on Ava. I know your memory is probably a bit fuzzy at the moment but I've got that fashion show on today that you promised to help me with."

Oh shoot. I completely forgot about that. "Oh yes that, no I didn't forget I was just confused for a minute, ah what time do you need me for?"

"Can you pick me up at lunch time? We have a dress rehearsal first then we have a few hours break while they finalise the lighting and then voila, we are ready to go."

"Yeah okay, I'll be around at 12."

"Thank you, thank you!"

I hang up the phone and Iook up at mum who is staring at me curiously.

"You forgot, didn't you," mum says smirking at me.

"I didn't forget it just wasn't on my mind yet," I say back before I take another mouthful of my hot chocolate.

"Uh huh," is all she says before she walks away.

I guess I'm just going to have to try and move on and put Mr. Sexy into my past. That was a low moment in my life, a very low moment but it is one that is now forgotten. Ah ha. I did it. I am free. My thoughts are now only focused on the future and nothing can make me think of, the past.

Chugging the last of my drink I stand up and rinse my cup in the sink. Looking up I see my reflection in the window and I see that I have a nice chocolate milk moustache going. Oh work it girl, looking fierce, I think as I start posing in different positions. You looking fine girl, so sexy. Miss Sexy. Oh no. Mr. Sexy. And he's back into my thoughts. So maybe it won't be as easy to forget last night as I thought. It's okay. As long as no one brings it up I will be able to hold it together.

"So, how are you feeling after your date with Clarence?" Lizzy questions breaking the silence as I drive down the highway.

"His name was Clarence?" I cry banging my head on the steering wheel.

"Maybe you should pull over," Lizzy says as she grips her seat.

"Oh Mr. Sexy and I would never have worked out anyway if his name was Clarence. Maybe I subconsciously sabotaged the date because I knew that I would never be able to tell people that I date a Clarence. Oh, but Mr. Sexy was so cute and I ruined it. I could have just never called him by his name. Why do I do this to myself?" Lizzy looks terrified right now and I can't really say I blame her considering I'm carrying on like a blubbering lunatic while driving a car.