4

A week later Mike asked me to come to the studio to talk to me. I get ready and get Tyler ready for school and Leila ready for the daycare. 

I get in my car with Tyler and Leila

I get in my car with Tyler and Leila. I dropped the kids off and went to the studio. 

I get out of the car and go into the studio. I thought the guys will be there too. But it was only Mike there. When he sees me he smiles and comes to me. He gives me a hug and I return the hug.

"How are you holding up?" Mike asks me.

"Honestly not so good. What about you?"

"Same. I talked to the guys and I have no idea where we are going to go from here. I think it might be over for Linkin Park."

"No Mike. Don't say that. You know Chester wouldn't want that."

"Emma none of us can do this."

"I get this is hard for you guys. But don't just give up on this. Chester wouldn't want you guys to stop. I know he loved this band with all of his heart. And he wouldn't want anyone of you to give up on this. In your dreams. I get that now might not be the right time for getting the band to make music and that. But just think about this before you say it's over. Please, Mike."

"I'll think about it."

"Mike don't stop making music because Chester is gone. You of all people should know what Chester would have wanted for you guys."

"The guys aren't ready so we need some time. But for now, it's over. I'm not saying it's forever but for now we are just taking a break away from this. I know what Chester would have wanted. But right now, none of us are ready for it."

"That I get. It's hard to do this without Chester. I'm struggling too. But we have to try and move on from this. It's what Chester would want."

"I know. And thank you for coming by."

"How are things with you and Maddie?"

"We are going to court tomorrow to sign the papers and everything."

"You want me to be there?"

"No. Joe is coming with me. Besides Maddie would think you are taking my side if you do."

"I'm not taking sides. But I know what you are going through right now. I mean with Chester and the divorce."

"I'm okay. But if you need me then just call me."

"Thanks, I will. And I'm trying to be there for you too with all of this."

"Thank you for that." 

"Well, I got things to go sort out."

"Good luck. And let me know if you need my help in anything."

"Thank you. I will. See you later."

Mike waves goodbye and I leave to go run some errands. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you and please vote.