5

6 months later. 

Mike pov:

I went over to Emma's house. I've been avoiding people for a while and I haven't seen her in a while. I was trying to deal with the pain I was facing. 

I get at her house and I saw there was a moving van standing outside the house. And people busy uploading things on the van.

I stop my car and I get out. I don't ask any of the movers where they are going. I just went inside to look for Emma and the kids.

"Hi Mike." Emma says when she saw me. She comes to me and she hugs me tightly.

"Hi Em." I said returning the hug.

"You look awful." she said holding me on my shoulders.

"Yeah... Haven't had the best time dealing with this."

"I can imagine." she says sighing.

"What is going on here?"

"We're moving." Emma says shrugging her shoulders.

"Why?"

"I can't live here anymore.  Everything in this house reminds me of Chester. So I sold it."

"I can understand." 

"We're moving closer to you. I got a house just two blocks away from you."

"That's great news."

"How are you doing? I know you get this question a lot but I'm asking you as a friend."

"Honestly I don't know. It's been really hard."

"I miss him so much." Emma starts crying. "This is so hard on me."

I saw her tears running down her cheeks and I pulled her closer into a tight hug. I kissed her forehead and just let her cry it out.

"I know it is." 

She keeps on crying for a while.

"You know this will get better."

"Yeah." 

"Let me help you with the moving."

"Thanks, Mike."

"No problem."

Emma showed me some of the things I can take. I take it and put them in the car. There are many things she sold and new things she got for the new house. 

After a while, we got everything out of the house and in the van. 

Emma stands and stares at me and she laughs a bit.

"What?"

"You seriously need to shave and take care of yourself, Mike."

"I know." I chuckled. It was the first time I had a chuckle or any sort of laugh.

"Well, we better get going then."

"Do you want to have dinner at my house?"

"That's not necessary."

"It will make it easier for you with all the moving and everything."

"Okay." Emma chuckles and she nods.

"Let's get going."

"Yes, let's get going."

 Emma and I get in our cars and Emma takes the lead then the moving van and then it was me. We drive to the new house and when we get there I help Emma to get everything in the house and get it in a place where we could get the time for. 

After we set things in place a bit we went to get some takeaways and we went to my house. We quickly ate and the kids sat and watched some TV while Emma and I catch up a bit. After a while the kids got tired and they left back to their new home.

I put Otis in bed too and I go into my studio and I start writing on some songs that were inside my head for a while. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you and please vote.