7

A month later.

I went to Mike's house again and I saw his door was open this time. I enter and there was no sign of Mike anywhere in the house and I walked around. I heard music playing in the far end of his. I decide to follow it. 

Sometimes, sometimes you don't say goodbye once. You say goodbye over and over and over again. Over and over and over again. 

I reached the place where the music was coming from and I saw Mike playing around on his computer and piano. I didn't say anything just stood in the door and listened in to his words. I never realized how hard this really is on him.

"Can I really do this?" Was his question to himself.

"I think you can." 

Mike swings around in his chair and stares at me with shock in his eyes.

"What are you doing here?" he asks me.

"You never told me how hard this really is on you."

"I hide it well I guess."

"You want to talk about it?"

"No. I'm fine."

I look at him as he looks down to the floor. I went to him and give him a tight hug. He hugs me back with one too and I could hear he was breaking. 

"You're not alone Mike."

"Thank you."

"I'm here for you."

"Why are you here?"

"I came to talk to you. But if you rather want to talk then we can talk."

He lets me go and I could see tears in his eyes.

"Mike. Talk to me."

"I don't know what to do."

"You mean with the band or this with your music?"

"Both. I feel like I don't have any answers anymore. Nothing makes sense anymore. I don't know what the future holds for Linkin Park and me and the guys. It's hard doing this without Chester. We used to work on things like this together. I feel like I'm letting him down now. I feel like I'm breaking promises to him that I don't want to." he sighs and he sits down on his chair. 

He runs his hands through his hair and he shakes his head. 

"I don't know what to do anymore."

I saw he was so confused about everything. I went on my knees and I take his hands in mine. He looks up at me in my eyes and there were tears in his eyes.

"You do what is best for you now. If it means that you make music on your own and go solo then you do it. Do what you feel is right. Do what makes you happy."

"Music makes me happy. It's something I always wanted to do. But what about the band? The guys don't want to do this anymore. Every time I ask them. They just ignore me. I think it's over for Linkin Park."

"You all need some time Mike. Chester was family to all of you. We all need time to get through this now. If the guys don't want to do this. Then let them be for now. Give them the time and the space they need. If you want to make music because you love it. Then you do it. Even if it means going solo with it. Do what makes you feel good and happy."

"I can see now what Chester loved about you. Thank you. I needed this."

"This is hard on me too but I'm here for you."

"Thank you. And I'm doing this on my own for a while now. Making music to help me get through this grieve."

"I'm behind you."

"Do you want to be my manager in this?"

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Yes. I would love to help you get on your feet again. Maybe it will help me too."

"What about the kids?"

"We'll take them with us I guess."

"How is the campaign going?"

"Great. I got a few people interested." 

"That's good."

"I have a few interviews next week. You want to come with me?"

"Sure. Just let me know when."

"I like the song."

"Whatever you hear about my music. Just know that I'm not mad at Chester. I'm just trying to get the things out that is in my head."

"I know Mike."

I hug him and he returns the hug.

"You're not alone. Never think that you are."

"This means a lot to me, Emma. Thank you."

I let him go and get up.

"You want something to drink?"

"Yes. Please."

Mike nods and he gets up from his chair. He takes my hand and we walk to the kitchen. He makes us some coffee and we sit and talked for a while.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you and please vote.