8

The art in the pic is made by Mike. He is such a talented guy. Love it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A month later.

Emma and I were on our way to the studio together. I promised her I would play her some of my songs I'm working on with my solo album. Emma has been so supportive of this and I love that about her. Wait I mean like that about her. Okay... Okay... Maybe I'm falling for her if I think about this. But I know we both aren't ready for this. Since Chester has been the love of her life and her soulmate. It would be hard to take his place anyway. Not that I take myself for granted but Chester was the kind of person whos shoes will be hard to fill. I do appreciate all the caring, love and support I get from her with all of this. And I must say that there are so many people joining this campaign of hers. I guess in a way Chester did touch a lot of people by the kind of person he was. More than what both Emma and I realized. 

"What are you thinking about?" Emma asks breaking my thoughts.

"Just... I think we need to do some sort of honor tour for Chester."

"That's not a bad idea."

"Since you are my manager. I guess we need to do this. Many people are hurting and shows that they care."

"When do you want to do this tour?"

"As soon as we can. I have to talk with the guys first about it."

"Just let me know."

"Okay. Let's go get some work done with my album."

Emma and I get out and we go into the studio. While I set things up she went and make us some coffee. She comes back and hands me a cup.

"Thank you."

"Do you still paint?"

"Recently I haven't no. Why are you asking?"

"I just thought that. You used to love doing it. I was just wondering about it."

"I haven't touched a paintbrush since Chester's... You know."

"Okay." 

Emma looks down to the floor.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say it like that."

"It's okay. We have to accept he is gone."

I go to her and I hug her. She returns the hug and sighs out a breath. 

"Stay strong in this."

"I'm trying."

"You know you are."

I kissed her on her forehead and held her face in my hands.

"You gotta stay strong."

She nods and stares into my eyes. Just looking at her makes me feel like there are butterflies in my stomach. 

She gives me a hint of a smile. And I couldn't help but smirk at her. I lean in and she pushes me away from her gently. Leaving her hand on my chest.

"We can't do this."

She looks down and she sighs. I step away from her.

"I'm sorry."

"I need more time Mike."

"I know. I was just caught up in the moment."

"Wait what?"

"Yeah. I just. I don't know what I was thinking now. I'm sorry."

"Mike. It's not that I don't like you. It's just too soon and I need more time."

"I understand that Emma."

"So play me some of your songs now."

"Okay." I said and I played her some of my songs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you and please vote.