10

It was the month before Chester's one year anniversary.

I was with Mike and the guys.

"Emma you need to stay off from social media next month. On that day." Mike says.

"We all need to." Dave sighs.

I sighed just thinking about the day coming on so soon.

"I have to go. I have plans with my dad and my brother today."

"See you later."

"Bye."

I get my things, the kids and I walk out the door. I get in the car and drove to Eddie's house. My dad is going to meet us there.

We get at Eddie's house and get out of the car. We went to the door and Eddie opens the door before I can even knock.

"Hey sis."

"Hey. How did you know I'm here?"

"I was waiting anyway for you and dad. So I saw your car coming into the driveway."

"Oh."

Sammy comes out too and she hugs me.

"It's good to see you Em. How are you?"

"I'm doing alright."

"You sure?" she says staring me in my eyes.

"Yes."

"Come in. I'll make us some coffee."

"Lets go Leila and Ty." I said and we all went inside. Sammy shows us to follow her to the kitchen.

My dad was sitting at the table there in the kitchen and he gets up and greet the kids. Then he comes to me and kisses me on my cheek.

"Hey my girl. How are you?"

"Hey dad. I'm alright."

"You look good. Are you eating? Are you sleeping alright?"

"Dad, please. Stop with the questions. I'm doing okay."

"I know what you're dealing with Em. I just want to show you that I care."

"I know dad. And I appreciate it. All of you I do appreciate it. But I'm doing okay. Mike has been there and he has been very helpful keeping me busy."

"Are you and Mike spending a lot of time together?" Sammy asks.

"Yeah. We do." I said and I smiled a bit.

"Are you and Mike just friends?" she asks again.

"Of course we are. There is nothing going on between us."

"I'm just asking. Come sit."

I sit down and Sammy brings all of us some coffee. Sammy and Eddie doesn't have kids. They been trying for years now. But nothing seems to be happening. They are trying to implant now.

"So. I went for my implantation last week."

"Really? And?"

"Well we have to give it 3 weeks to see."

"I'm praying this works."

"We do too."

"The kids got so big." Eddie says.

"They did. Didn't they."

"How are they dealing with this whole thing?"

"They seem to do okay. Except for Ty. He is doing poorly in school. His teacher send me letters about it."

"How poorly?"

"He's not failing but his points dropped with 10%. He used to be one of the top students. And now he is getting C's and D's."

"Just give him time." My dad says.

"I am. I told his teacher that he is dealing with this the best he can. And she should just be patient with him now."

"This isn't easy for anyone of you. She needs to understand that. And social media isn't helping with it either."

"I know. And Ty goes on there a lot. So yes it has some affect on him in a way."

"It will get better."

"I hope so. And the one year is a month away."

"You just spend time with your kids that day. Ignore all social media for that day. Maybe you can do something with the kids that day."

"Mike said that too. But I want to do something for it too."

"Yes I understand that. But just do it with your family on your own time."

"Yeah."

"Well lunch is ready if you guys want to eat."

"I'll help setting up the table." I said and I helped Sammy with the table.

We sat down with the kids and we had lunch as a family together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you and please vote.