2

Wooyoung was startled awake by the sound of doors slamming. He sat up cautiously, jumping when the sounds of yelling erupted from the other rooms. There were sounds of banging and he cautiously crept towards the door, quickly stumbling back towards the bed when he heard footsteps approach his door.

The door flung open, revealing one of Boss's guards standing there. Boss was standing behind him and staring right at Wooyoung, making him swallow thickly.

"We have to take you out of here for a bit, okay Wooyoung?" He spoke with a false sense of kindness in his voice. Wooyoung stared and let his thoughts run wild, he wasn't expected to answer anyway. "You're my favorite, you know? I really dont want to have to hurt you, so you won't cause any trouble for these men will you?" The man stepped forwards and ran his hand through Wooyoung's hair, a small, predatory smile on his face. Wooyoung just blinked. The man seemed satisfied, turning and walking out of the room. The guard walked towards Wooyoung and grabbed his arm, hauling him to his feet.

"Come on pretty boy, time to go," once again Wooyoung just blinked back at him causing the man to scoff. "God you're stupid, arent you?" Wooyoung frowned slightly before forcing his face blank again. The man hummed and led him out of the room and into the main lobby. Wooyoung had only been out here twice before, the day he arrived and the first time he tried to escape, that was also the last time. Wooyoung shivered as he thought about that day, it was the only thing keeping him from trying again.

This situation was new and slightly startling. When they made it down the stairs to the lobby, Wooyoung saw a group of people standing in the middle. Based off of their appearances, Wooyoung guessed they were the rest of the 'staff'. He grimaced as he took in appearance of some of them, most seemed older than him but as he scanned the crowd he found a face that reminded him so much of the past that he had to bite his lip. The girl looked no older than twelve and Wooyoung felt so sad for her, he understood as he watched her shake with tears on her cheeks. She had a bruise on her cheek, from disobeying he guessed, and the clothes she wore barely hung onto her frame. His attention was brought to the front of the room by the sound of hands clapping together.

Boss stood there with that same predatory smile on his face, eyes scanning the crowd before he started to speak.

"I know that you're probably confused but I'm here to help with that. You've all been paid for and these people paid lots of money for you so I want you to treat them very nicely before you come back. If I hear anything different, well then let's just say I'll need a new staff," a dark look flashed across his face before the smile was back. "Understood?"

After all was said they were ushered outside, seperated into two groups and escorted to the busy streets. Wooyoung looked around as they walked, amazed by the things he hadn't seen in years. They made their way into the busier parts of the town and Wooyoung felt his breath hitch, spotting a face that he thought he would never see again. They were walking the opposite direction and as he watched the figure got smaller and smaller.

In a split second decision he looked around his group and noted that the guards weren't looking before he took off sprinting. He felt weak and his legs shook but he kept running, hearing the shouts of the guards behind him. It was too late now, if he stopped he would be killed. He kept running. He kept running until he ran into something solid, the impact making his already fuzzy head even fuzzier. He could hear the shouts of the guards getting closer and squeezed his eyes shut, he had been so close.

The sounds around him faded out and black crept into his vision but he could vaguely hear someone's voice above him. He didn't care only preparing himself to face the inevitable. That was until he felt hands on his shoulders, startling him out of his thoughts.

"Hey, what's your problem?" The man in front of him asked, annoyance clear in his voice. Wooyoung shrunk back at the tone and someone behind the man stepped forward, looking like he wanted to stop him.

"San maybe try an-" the man was cut off by the one in front if him.

"Why are you just staring at me? Are you stupid?" The man, San, snapped bringing Wooyoung's attention back to his current situation. As his hearing cleared, he could hear the guards even closer than before and stumbled to his feet, trying to move past the man. San gaped at the nerve of this boy and reached out, grabbing his arm once again. At that moment the guards finally broke through the crowd, stopping at the sight before them.

Wooyoung coward back away from them and unconsciously stepped behind San, trying to hide his small frame from the guards.

"Come on, give it up kid" one of the guards spoke, stepping forward. "You know what has to happen now" the man was still advancing and Wooyoung felt San tense. The man reached towards the boy but never made it that far. San grabbed the extended arm before it reached the other and threw it back, glaring at the group of people around him. He glanced at the boy behind him and then back at the men, who apparently were looking for him, and decided he needed an explanation.

"Okay, what the hell is going on here?"