38

San squinted his eyes as he stepped out onto the porch of the old building, feeling the cool ocean breeze blow through his hair. He gently wiped his hands on his pants to rid himself of Seojun's blood and finally opened his eyes to look around. His eyes traveled as he breathed in the fresh air. It was welcome change from the smell of dust and blood.

San could see the crew a bit from the building, huddled on the ground talking. He stepped quietly off the steps and began to walk towards them, looking around him as he did. There were bodies laying across the ground and as he walked he counted, 56 dead outside.

Why did that make him so happy?

He stopped just before the crew and looked down at them. They all looked tired and weary, sweat on their foreheads and blood on their bodies. But what really drew his eyes was the body that laid in the middle of them. Mingi laid in the center of the huddle, eyes closed and breathing slow. It seemed that something had happened while he was gone.

"What happened out here?" He voiced his thoughts. Hongjoong was the first to look at him, expression grim. His eyes flickered towards Seonghwa who was holding Mingi's hand tightly, face puffy and red. He looked terrible and San seemed to understand that it was something bad. He never saw Seonghwa look so heartbroken.

"We had an accident, we got surrounded and Mingi was shot but it's okay. Yunho said he would live. He might not ever get full movement of his arm back but he will be alive."

"Thats good, I'm sorry that I wasnt here to help you guys" San apologized as he rubbed the back his neck, eyes flitting from face to face. Thankfully no one looked angry at him for leaving them.

"Its alright, Seonghwa took care of it. Did you find out where Wooyoung was?" Yeosang asked as he trailed his eyes across the blood on San's body. San sighed and ran a hand down his face, unaware of the smear he was leaving behind.

"No, he wouldnt tell me anything. He only wanted to talk about how he r- he only wanted to make me angry and refused to say anything else" San spoke through clenched teeth and shook his head. Seojun was dead now, theres no use being angry at a deadman.

"That's great" Yunho sighed, "so how do we find him then?"

San closed his eyes. How would they find Wooyoung? There were atleast 20 whore houses on this part of the mainland. Wait, that was it.

"We just have to visit them all" San stated as he opened his eyes.

"Visit? What?" Hongjoong asked, looking up again. San stared at him for a moment.

"The whore houses. We'll just have to visit them all until we find him. There only about 20 or so in this area." Jongho looked at him like he was insane. San didnt care, maybe he was crazy.

"You want to visit 20 whore houses? You want us to visit them with you? Youre crazy!" Jongho exclaimed as he continued to stare at San, who just shrugged with an indifferent face.

"That'll take forever San, we dont have that much time" Hongjoong explained and San huffed.

"Then what do you suggest we do?" He asked in mild irritation. They were wasting time again, they should already be out and looking now that Seojun was out of the way.

"I dont kno-"

"Exactly, there is really no other option so either come with me or dont but I'm leaving." San turned to leave, fist clenching at his side. He hadnt meant to snap at them but he was tightly strung right now, especially after what Seojun had said. He just wanted Wooyoung back and at this moment Hongjoong was stopping him from doing that.

"San wait" Yunho stood quickly and grabbed San's arm, turning around to face them again, "we'll go with you but you have to wait a moment. We have to figure out what to do with Mingi."