Prologue

The early publish of this book is dedicated to PinkGamingBomb, to celebrate her first ever online roleplay, and for being the best rolwply partner I've had in a long while (◍′˘‵◍). Now, please enjoy my story. Have a great day/night!
~MG

Edited on 07.04.2020 (dd/mm/yyyy)
********

The God of destruction's day started not at all unlike the ones in the past few aeons of his existance. A soft ringing made its' owner's scarred skull rise slightly; this sound that could only be perceived by them brought the skeleton out of their trance.

The skeleton blinked, and promptly stood up. They glanced at the spot they were sat on prior. Dust and bone marrow stained the floor of their endless white home.

They averted their gaze from their spot and simply patted their clothing in an attempt to rid it of the dust that stained it. Seeing that their attempts were futile, they simply sighed and and shook their skull.

Falling back into their usual routine, they proceeded to do a thorough check of their new and past injuries, and wrapped them up in strings - these ones lighter than those they usually used - to help them heal. The voices that kept him company in this endless void did not seem to quiet down during his check either. Their words overlapped each other as they screamed meaningless insults. Meaningless, for the one they were for did not care. Their screams had been following him for as long as he could remember. They were now simply another buzz in the back of their skull.

After finishing their check-up, they willed their strings in front of them. Their right eyelight blinked in and out of existance a few times before finally going out. The strings that spilled out of the tips of their phalanges gathered a few ways away from their outstretched hand. The skeleton's expression was void of any emotion as the strings danced around each other together and suppressed themselves until a portal, or rather, a window, formed.

Error -for that was the name of this dark and glitching skeleton- let his arm fall to his side, and slowly aproched the eerie portal of dancing strings. After a moment, he rolled up his sleeve, and put his hand through. The portal emitted a white noise and he pulled his arm back slowly.

Not even a moment afterwards, the strings that created the portal suddenly went slack. The portal dissipated and the strings retreated to Error's fingers. The magic used to create the strings came back in waves. It eventually reached his eye sockets and let his right eyelight blink back into place.

Error blinked a couple times to let his eyelight readjust. He looked at his arm, and inspected the now brighter row of ancient runes for a moment before dismissing them and looking around. His eye was now showing a list with AUs in his peripheral vision, that was only visible to him. Most of them were copies, or unnecessary swap, fell, and swap fell versions of various AUs, much to his annoyance. The God left out another glitchy sigh and opened a portal to his first stop.

¦

The God of destruction had been destroying AUs for quite a while now. He had fortunately not been bothered by the Creator until now, so he had reached the near end of his list. As he let his strings loose in Swapfell #3087 - letting them sink into the AU's code itself- and allowing them to quickly destroy it, he glanced towards his list. A pequliar sight met him. An AU with the name "__mI_e__w__Ts_u" was his next target. He had never heard of such an AU before, and its rainbow tint indicated that the creator was still in it.

Curious, the God inspected the AU's code. Something he didn't usually do, since he could just see the AU in person. There was no reason to waste time inspecting AUs instead of destroying them.

The AU's colour palette was really.. bland. Using only five colours was not something his counterpart would usually do. Error only got more curious when he noticed that the colours were all shades of really pale blue, two of them being so close to white that the only reason he knew it wasn't was because of the colors' ID. -This was a big surprise, concidering the Creator's hate and fear of this colour.- The parts of the code where the monsters were announced was -along with the plant, texture, and dialogue files- empty or missing.

After a while of contemplating on his actions, Error chose to leave that AU for last. The last thing he wanted was some kind of unfinished monstrosity created by a mulfunction in the multiverse, or some kind of failed AU feature Ink was testing, to injure him. He has had enough such cases created by Ink's AU experiments attack him in -usually unfinished- AUs, to figure out that Ink liked to leave his mistakes for others to clean up. Not that it wasn't obvious. It was the whole reason he was formed for afterall.
Not only that, but he couldn't afford to let his list to start pilling up again. He had sacrificed every kind of self care other that bathing and treating his wounds for multiple aeons to finally catch up to the creator.

With that sorted out, the name of this weird AU was moved to the end of the list. A list, that was surprisingly down to only three more AUs other that the mentioned one. The God's face slightly brightened at that, and began to think of what he could do. He would finally have some time to make some more dolls and finally talk to the fallen ones and his family! How long had it been since they last talked? Decades? Centuries? He doesn't rememeber. He is just thanking Fate for showing him mercy for once.

The God of destruction felt a small, yet genuine smile form on his face, his soul fluttering in joy for a moment. After a moment of shock and confusion, he brought a hand to his lips. The feeling of him smiling, and the joyful flutter in his soul felt both foreign and familiar to him.

The world around him started to fade into codes, and he was soon standing in the anti-void again. A thought of the things he could finally do reentered his mind, and he quickly set off again. Not wanting to waste any more time, he formed a portal to the next AU on his list. His smile, that was now slightly bigger, never leaving his face once as he did so.