'Small' Talk

Hello every one! This chapter's feature goes to RosemaryLilliane.
Warning! The name I gave the Shopkeeper is not cannon. I came up with it for this chapter. Also, please don't comment 'it's called sign language' later on. I mean what I said. Sign language is the human thing.
Hi to everyone from the 'Gyro lovers unite' group chat, I hope you like this story xD.
I hope you habe a great day/night and enjoy the chapter!

~MG

Question: what is one thing you wish will/won't happen in this story?

Edited on 01.05.2020 (dd-mm-yyyy)
**********

Error internally cursed. He was hoping that their horrible condition wouldn't be noticed this early. He hadn't even thought of how he could get the handplates off the little one's hands yet.

He eventually turned back to looking through the various pastes and powders, and tried to play the whole thing off as if he was convinced by her smile. He deemed his plan a success once the purple furred bunny lady let out a quiet sigh behind him, and proceeded to get caught up in his thoughts.

The shopkeeper was one of the monsters who had close to no combat skills, and a non-fight friendly based magic. The shopkeeper usually had some kind of magic that was used to create HP refilling food, and just monster food in general. Her soul didn't pulse off any powerful, or dangerous magic either.

With a long sigh, Error decided that the shopkeeper was not a threat to the little ones, and returned to comparing the pastes and snacks.

Her soul said that she wanted to help them too, so there was no reason for him to worry. She might get a little nosy, but he could always use his backup plan.

The dark boned skelton was once more looking through the snacks. He looked to be thinking about something, but she was more focused on getting over what had just happened.

It was as if the dark skeleton had felt her worry, and turned to see what was going on. She could just be overreacting, and the tall skeleton could have just turned to see where she was, but their eyelights-. Once their eyelights met her eyes, she couldn't look away. It was as if she had been locked in place. Their eyelights also seemed to look further than just her eyes. It was like they could see through her. As if they could, with a mere look, read through her feelings and intentions.

She shivered, and shook her head. She was definitely overreacting. She had never met a skeleton monster before after all. It could just be because of the fact that they had no physical eyes, that made her feel that way.

She turned to look at the baby bones once more. They were inspecting the plushies and bows. As she watched them for a bit, and she couldn't help but notice how careful they were. Too careful. They inspected only one thing at the time. Their touches seemed to be careful, and cautious, and they put the item they were looking at, back to the exact spot they were.

She was of course thankful for that, but it just seemed odd. She had never seen a child be so careful when looking at something. It just made her wonder what they could have went through, that much more.

The Shopkeeper turned towards the eldest of the skeletons, and after seeing them still scaning through the items, she made her way in front of the counter, and to the little ones.

"Hello there" she greeted and squatted close to them. The skellies seemed a little startled, and the eldest of the two seemingly hid the younger one behind him. Seeing how defensive the skeleton child got, she imidiately showed them her empty palms. "No need to worry, I'm not going to hurt you."

The child still seemed to still be defensive, and not to trust her, so she tried a different approach. "My name is Clarice. I am the shopkeeper. What are your names little ones?"

This seemed to somewhat calm the skeleton children, but they ere still majorly defensive. "We haven't decided yet. He said we will talk about it when we eat
" answered the eldest of the two.

"He? Are you talking about the dark skeleton you came here with?" she asked. The eldest one nodded somewhat hesitantly. 'So it's a he.' she thought.

"What do you mean you haven't decided yet? What have you been called until now?" she asked confused. She knew that other races had different naming rituals, and procedures, but shouldn't children have at least some kind of name as they're growing up?

".. He said that they weren't names. We can't say them again. They weren't nice." the little one started. "He.. He calls us little one, and smallest one" the child said and pointed to itself and then its sibling.

'Not nice? Not names? What were these children called?' "And what is his name?" she said and pointed to the tall skeleton.

The little one seemed unsure. "I..." the child looked behind her for a bit, and then proceeded to answer. "Um.. Error. His name is Error."

This surprised the shopkeeper a bit. She thought that all skeleton's had font names, but she could be wrong. Everything she knew about skeleton's came from the stories her mother tells her, so she didn't exactly have a reliable source to base her knowledge on. "If you don't mind me asking, who is Error to you two?" she asked.

To this, the baby bones smiled. The youngest one a bit wider than their sibling. Their eyelights glowed a bit brighter as they talked. "Ewwow oo' mow'stew!" said the smallest one excitedly. The eldest simply nodded in approval. "Error protects us."

The shopkeeper smiled at that. "That's amazing, little ones. But what I meant was, is Error your daddy? Or family at all?"

The baby bones seemed to be confused. "Daddy? What.. What is daddy?" asked the eldest.

The shopkeeper found that a little weird, but she just figured that the little ones might not be fluent in monster language yet. She remembers hearing that skeletons often talk with hands.

"Well, a daddy protects you. He cares about how you are doing, and he cares for your needs." she tried to explain. "A daddy is also called 'father' or 'dad'" she added, and waited for their response.

She really didn't know how to explain what a father was. And since she wasn't about to tell the little one's that a father helped to create them, or give them 'the talk' she settled on that explanation. Telling them something like that would only lead to trouble. The dark boned skeleton seemed to be really caring and protective when it came to the little ones and she didn't want to risk anything.

The little one's eyelights glew a but brighter and it smiled softly. "Yes!" it said with a nod. "Error is daddy. He made us these clothes today too!" it said and went to the side a bit, to allow her to see their sibling's clothes.

"Really!?" the bunny lady exclaimed. "These clothes are amazing! Your daddy must love you a lot to take the time to make you such pretty clothes." she commented with a smile. "I have to say, I am a bit jealous. You have a very affectionate dad." she said with a slightly teasing tone.

"What is 'jealous'?"

She let out a sigh.