8

Grabbing her collar, Kaneki tugged at her shirt, sending buttons flying all over the bathroom and left her front exposed. But never once did Touka lose eye contact with him and refused to back down. "Listen here. You have no right to be calling me by my first name and I have the ability and will take you here if you don't leave this instant. Don't forget that I am a man and I have needs as well. You being here is testing my patience and it is wearing thin."

He hoped that he made his voice threatening enough for her to leave the room. To his dismay, she doesn't and stayed seated on the stool. "I know you're just doing that to scare me. Why can't you tell me anything? Is sharing a part of your burden that hard to do? I just want to know you better."

"Damn you."

Everything about not ruining her flew out of the window as he thought of the only way to scare her away. He pulled her closer by the collar, and her heart raced at the proximity of their faces. She could feel his breath on hers and those grey eyes of his stared into her own orbs. Tilting his head, he pressed his lips to hers and she froze. 

Despite his lips looking dry all the time, it was softer than she had expected it to be and tasted like peppermint. Damn, why was she enjoying this instead of being disgusted? But some part deep down in her, she knew that she liked him and that's why she couldn't refuse when he licked her lower lip, making her eyes flutter closed, and asked for permission into her mouth.

Kaneki's heart soared as she opened her mouth slightly, nibbling on her cherry-flavored lips, before gliding his tongue over hers. She was hesitant at first, but got bolder and stroked his tongue. Damn it, what was he doing, letting all of his desires come out? And damn her, for reciprocating. He needed to stop and pull away from her.

As he did so, albeit not very willingly, she let out a moan of protest, as if mourning the loss of his lips against hers.

They panted in silence and he turned his back to her. "Now get lost if you don't want me to do anything else to you."

With trembling fingers, Touka moved to touch her swollen lips which he had just taken. It was her first kiss, and while it wasn't as romantic or gentle as she imagined that it would be, she enjoyed it very much. From that kiss, she could tell that he was very experienced in that aspect and possibly other things. 

"I actually would want to do it again.." she mumbled, sending shivers down his spine and he turned to reproach her, only to find her lying on the floor with her eyes closed. Cursing, he hastily dried himself, put on only his underwear and his pants, and held her in his arms. With a hand over her forehead, he clicked his tongue and quickly whisked her to his cabin again. Stupid woman! She hasn't fully recovered from the cold yet</p>

Upon opening her eyes, she saw Kaneki put a towel over her head and she smiled at the worried expression on his face. Reaching out for his hand, she squeezed it to reassure him. "I won't die. I promise."

Looking down, his bangs covered his facial expression and he muttered, "Hide also said the same thing, and in the end, he still left me."

She frowned. She didn't like how sad he always looked whenever he spoke about his best friend. "Promise me that you'll tell me about your best friend, and I'll promise you that I'll try my best to recover."

"..I can't promise you that."

"Please." She pleaded.

"....okay."

Kaneki held his breath as he saw her eyes closed, quickly holding a finger under her nose to make sure that she was alright and sighed in relief. With her hand still in his, he brought it to his lips and pressed kisses to every one of her knuckles. Damn her for making me care about her. He thought he was able to protect his heart but with her slowly breaking down the walls of it, she managed to crawl in and stayed. Trembling, he kissed her lips and pulled back. "Promise me you'll be back, Touka."