14

Kaneki felt anger boil within as he saw the guy's hands on Touka, and when she whimpered, tears brimming in her eyes, he snapped. Grabbing whatever weapon he could find, he slammed it onto the guy's head. Blood dripped from his head and the two men turned to him in anger. 

Her eyes widened at the sight of him and he mouthed the words 'it'll be okay. Go hide somewhere.' to her. She nodded with a weak smile and slowly moved away from the three men because she didn't want to get caught up in the fight.

"What the fuck do you want?! You'll get your turn if you wait!" The male with the bloody head spat. 

"I won't forgive anyone who makes Touka cry!" Kaneki shouted, lunging forward to give the guy a punch to his face. He heard a satisfying crunch and ducked his head to avoid their random swings of punches. He could already tell they weren't accustomed to fighting. Grabbing one male by the neck, he slammed him into the wall and kicked the other guy in the gut, sending him flying few meters away.

Hiding in the corner, Touka trembled as she watched the guys slowly get up and ran towards Kaneki. She put her hands together and prayed that he'll be alright. Even if it was scary, she would continue watching the fight and would go out there to help Ken if he was in trouble.

But honestly, he didn't need any help. He had his fair share of fighting in the past, and though he hasn't done it in a while, he still managed to keep his own. Touka though, on the other hand, he decided that she needed a strict scolding. Distracted by his thoughts, he was knocked over, and a man straddled him, wrapping his hands around Ken's neck. 

He tried to throw the guy off but couldn't because he was so much bigger than him. His mind clouded as he choked for air, and reached for the dagger in his pants. Stabbing it into the side of the guy's neck, blood splattered out and he released his hold on his neck and fell down to the floor. The other guy was afraid now and slowly backed away.

But Ken wouldn't let him escape. He would make them pay for making Touka cry. He lunged forward, giving the guy no chance to run, grabbed him by the arm and stabbed him in his heart with the dagger. Touka gasped as the male fell down to the floor and saw that the two guys stopped moving.

When Kaneki stabbed the guys, she was terrified, because the calm look in his eyes told her that he's done this before. After making sure they weren't getting up, he took the paper bag that contained the items she bought and walked towards her. He brought his bloodied hand out to touch her but she avoided his touch. With fear eminent in her eyes, he pulled back and she could see that he was hurt.

"I'm sorry. You're scared of me, aren't you?"

 Touka felt guilty about it and moved to wrap her hands around his torso, burying her head in his chest. "Thank you for helping me."

He froze and hesitantly wrapped his arms around her, carefully not to touch her with his bloodstained hands. 

Cleaning the blood off on the two men's shirts, he removed his jacket and wrapped it around Touka. "Use this to cover yourself. We're going back to the ship now."

She only nodded.