Job for a home

As soon the woman left, I closed the door then walk to the closet and yanked Edward out. 

"So how much do you own?" I asked.

"Haha... not much...?"

"How much?"

"Just a small itty, bitty amount." He said nervously.

"Edward..." I said, getting annoyed. "How much?"

Scared by the dark aura that was starting to surround her, "Maybe just a little... $10 500?"

"$10 500?!" I yelled. "How did you even manage to own that much?!!!"

Flinching at her tone of voice, he said quietly, "I... there was interest and then..."

"Then what?" I said, my voice cold and unfeeling. At his age, borrowing $10 500 was no small matter. Just what is he doing with that money? Gambling? 

"I don't know, okay?! At first, I borrowed some to bury my parents and then I borrowed more for food to live." He yelled at me, suddenly snapping. "What did you want me to do?! Starve till I die?!"

Now it was my turn to flinch at his tone of voice. This boy was always so gentle from the moment I met him, but for him to suddenly snap like this... I might have touched something I shouldn't have.

"I'm sorry... I didn't know. I was insensitive and wrong." I sighed, sincerely apologizing.

He turned silent, making no moves to accept my apology. 

"Sigh..."  I guess it's understandable that he doesn't forgive me. I mean, I judged him without knowing anything. So I'm entirely in the wrong for this.

"So... how do you plan to repay it?" I asked and he remained silent. "Wait a minute... Don't tell me... you don't know?"

"..."

Facepalming myself, I sighed again for the 3rd time since I woke up. "Do you have any relatives or friends?"

He shook his head.

"Then... how about getting a job?" I suggested.

He shook his head again.

"Why not?"

"... No one would hire me."

"Why?"

"They said I'm a child and they don't hire children." He replied.

A child? 

Scrutinizing him, I notice that he didn't even reach my chest and I'm short. Only 165cm. I still can't believe that this child and I are the same age. Impossible.

"Then I'll get a job," I said.

"What? Why?" He asked, surprised.

"So... in return, how about you let me stay with you?" I smiled. This should be somewhat a good deal. Although I wish I'm back in Altair already. Back with Luna and living my life in the castle. (╥ω╥') 

He remained silent for a while before saying, "Why though?"

"What do you mean?"

"Why are you so willing to help me?" He asked, not understanding her intentions. She could easily find a job here with her looks and stay in a hotel or something, but she wanted to work and help him pay back his debt instead? Why?

If I could hear his thought of how I could find a job using my looks, I might have just flipped the middle finger at him. What type of job are you talking about, huh? A prostitute?!

But of course, I'm not a mind reader. So I replied innocently, "You helped me before. So isn't it fair if I help you?"

"What do you mean I helped you?" He asked, confused.

"You found me in the forest and bought here and took care of me." 

"But anyone could have done that. I just happen to find you."

"But would just anyone take me to their home and take care of me while I'm unconscious?" I said, grinning. "And I just happen to want to help you too!"

Edward just stared at me dazed.

EDWARD'S POV:

Her smile... it's too dazzling and bright. She looks so innocent and sincere while saying that she wanted to help me. And her gold eyes are so bright that it might just blind me. 

Ah... what is this? My heart... Why is it going ba-dum?

I clutched my chest, feeling my face heat up. I turned my face away from her and she tilted her head in confusion.

If I continue looking at that smile, I think I might really go blind.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Haha~ Just suddenly felt like updating. This author's mood is so random. (Oh yeah, I'll be doing some touching up and editing on past chapters. Just thought to let you know.)

Please comment if you can. It really gives me the motivation to update. 

Well, until next time then my readers. Ciao~