Another strange one

I follow the sneaky figure in front of me as we both make a sharp turn around the next corner. Tightly pressing our body against the wall of a dark alleyway, we held our breath as we wait for our pursuer to pass by. Not a beat later, the man zoomed past us, hurling curses as he goes. 

However, it was still too early to call it safe and both of us remained still as a statue. It was not until we could no longer hear the man did we both heaved a sigh of relief. As I was busy calming my beating heart, the figure next to me tried to slip away. 

Ah, how cute of you to think that you can escape.

With a twist of my arm, I grabbed the figure by the collar of their neck and yanked them back. 

"Where do you think you're going?" I asked, with a scary smile on my face. The figure continued to struggle in my arms to no avail.

Resigning, a child-like voice yelled at me: "Let me go!"

Granting its wish, I dropped it immediately. The figure crashed into the floor with a loud thud, followed by a loud groan. I squinted my eyes, trying to see through the darkness of the alleyway. My eyes were able to make out the image of a small boy rubbing their sore bottom. He has a scowling expression on his face. A blue cap lied hazard on his head before it gave up and fell off. 

Messy black strands of hair popped out as it was released from the confinement of the cap. Along with a black pair of dog ears on top. 

"Wait! Ears?!" I exclaimed, surprised. 

He turned frozen stiff at my words before his hands shot up to cover his ears. He shot to his feet and he bolted right past me. In an attempt to stop him, my hand shot out towards the dark figure, grabbing the first thing it touched.

I heard a yelp of pain and the boy froze in his tracks. Tightening my grip on the object in my hand, I noticed it felt somewhat... furry? It doesn't feel like wool or any other clothe materials I know. 

I thought I grabbed his shirt?

I was about to bring it up closer to inspect it when I noticed the boy trembling in the corner of my eyes. 

"Um... Are you okay?" I asked, slightly concern. He wouldn't start crying on me, right?

The boy just continued to shake. 

"Hey," I was about to touch his shoulder when the boy whipped around. 

Glaring at me with all his might, he said in a strained voice: "Can you let go of my... tail?"

Stunned, I looked down, realizing that the object in hands was his tail.

No wonder it was so furry!

"Let it go!" The boy hissed between gritted teeth. 

Realizing I was still holding onto it rather tightly, I immediately dropped it. He pulled it back to his body before wrapping his arms around the big tail. He lightly stroked it with a painful look on his face. 

Although I feel bad, "If you run away, I'll grab it again." 

"...I know." He replied with a scowl on his face. 

The boy turned back and walked past me, picking up his cap on his way. He fixed it back on his head before looking back at me.

"What?"

He "tsked" before turning around and walking away. I followed closely behind him before I noticed how small the boy is. He didn't even reach my chest and was barely over my waist. His ears were hidden under the cap and the tail seemed to have disappeared somewhere. 

After another couple of steps, we finally made it out of the dark alleyway and into the bright, bustling street. I finally had a clear look at the boy and noticed that the hair I thought that was black was actually ash-grey. His clothing was messy and he seemed to have a permanent scowl on his face.

We continued to walk in silence before I couldn't take it anymore.

"So..." I started, trying to come up with a topic. "What did you even steal from the guy?"

I mentally facepalmed. Way to go, Via! What a great conversation starter.

He scowled even more. 

Since I already messed up, I might as well as go along with it. "If you're gonna sell it... how are we gonna spilt it? We can do it 3-7. You take 7."

He stopped and threw me a weird look.

"What?" I did become your accomplice after all. My services are not free  (눈_눈)

He "tsked" again and continued walking.

This was going nowhere so I decided to move onto another topic. "So... Are you a werewolf or something?"

He froze and glared at me.

What? It had to be asked, you know?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hehehe, a new character. What do you guys think of him?

I haven't decided on his name yet. So... maybe can you guys can... help me?

Anyways- Please vote, comment and enjoy!