Chapter 14

The Beta stopped in front of the edge of the forest and laid down. He looked back at us, and I could tell that he was somehow talking to Peter.

"We can get down now," Peter said. He got off of the Beta, and I followed suit with some help from Peter. "Thank you for taking us back, Beta," he said, and I could tell that he bowed his head slightly.

"Yes, thank you," I said. I scowled at the Alpha, who was still a bit behind. "Even though we wouldn't have needed the help if it wasn't for the Alpha."

The Alpha was about to growl but stopped when I shook my head. Hew as glaring at me, and I couldn't help but feel very annoyed with his glaring.

"We don't want to get in trouble with other people, now do we?" I asked. "I mean, I think I am not allowed to know about you two, and if someone finds out that I do..." I shrugged my shoulder and grimaced. I had no idea what to think and prayed that it wouldn't affect my chances of living here.

The Alpha scoffed, and I could tell that he rolled his eyes. He walked over to the Beta and nipped at him.

The Beta scoffed and looked at me. He walked towards me until he was standing in front of me. He moved his head down, and I reached up, closing my eyes in the process. His fur was warm underneath my hand, and I could sense this presence that I knew.

Something whispered to me that it was Max, and my "brother" and his family were Werewolves.

I wasn't freaked out about being adopted by Werewolves, but I was a little confused as to why Kat would adopt a Human like me.

"Carley," Peter said, and I cocked my head toward him. There was a sense of urgency about him, and I knew that we were almost out of time.

"I know," I said. I nodded my head to Max in thanks. "Thank you, Max," I whispered, my voice barely audible and only audible to him.

Max reared back in surprise, and I had to hide a smirk. He moved his head back to where it was, and I could feel his hard gaze on me. He was wondering how I knew it was him.

Slowly, I shook my head. "Not now. Later," I mumbled softly. I took a step back and nodded my head. "Thank you both," I said, "for getting us back safely. You might want to leave before you get into trouble."

Both Wolves turned around and ran away.

"Carley!" Peter exclaimed. "We have to go."

I turned around and nodded my head. "Let's go," I said and walked back to the house with Peter by my side. I knew that Max would ask how I knew about Werewolves, and I prayed that he would be ok that I didn't say everything I knew.

I wasn't allowed to, yet.

***

There was a knock on my door as soon as I got home, and was sitting on my bed, waiting for the twins to come out from underneath my bed.

"Come in," I said, burying into the pillows on my bed. I closed my eyes, basking in the comfort of my new bed.

The door opened and closed, and I could tell that the person was quiet, walking towards the bed. The bed shifted as the person looked down at me.

"Are you asleep?" the person, Max, asked.

"No," I replied. "You can sit and ask, but mind you; I can't say a lot. I am not allowed."

Max sat down and cleared his throat. "How do you know about Werewolves?" he asked.

"I met a few," I replied. I paused. "You two can come out now," I said. "And promise not to say anything to anyone, especially to your father."

Valen and Vallum crawled out from underneath my bed. They sat on my bed and stared at me.

"When did you meet them?" Valen asked, breaking the silence.

"How did you know we were under the bed?" Vallum asked.

"How did you know that I was the Beta?" Max asked.

"Wait; what?" Vallum and Valen asked, looking at him.

"The Alpha smelled Peter and Carley in the woods, and he wanted to scare them," Max said. "I tried to stop him, but..." He shrugged.

"I guess that the other Wolf is Samuel considering that he doesn't like me and was being a total dick," I said. I held my hand, silencing him. "To answer your question, Valen, I knew that you two were under the bed because you two are super loud when you are trying to be quiet."

"We... were quiet though," Valen said, and I could tell that Vallum nodded his head. "How did you hear us?"

"Sensitive hearing," I replied. "Are they quiet?" I asked, looking at Max.

"More or less," he replied. "There are times when I have no idea when they are in my room."

"When did you meet the people that were Werewolves?" Valen asked again.

"I was younger than you two," I said. "I think around five or six." I shrugged. "I had tried to run away a couple of times when there weren't many... Outcasts."

"But, you were found and brought back?" Valen asked, and I nodded. "Did you meet any other Supernatural Creatures?"

I cocked my head and furrowed my brows. "Yes..." I said. "The two that had trained me were Supernatural. I... can't say a lot about them because I don't know a lot about them. However, I can say that they have helped train me since I was five or six after they had saved me from some Rogues."

"That's good," Max said. He paused. "You know that not all Werewolves are bad, right?" His voice was soft at the end, as if he was afraid that I would contradict him. He was afraid that I wouldn't want a brother/sister relationship with him.

"I know," I soothed, using the same voice that I had used when calming a child. I cleared my throat and licked my lips. "I have met a Witch before," I added, changing the subject.

"Was she nice?" Vallum asked.

"She was," I confirmed. "And, she had told me that I could talk about her to any other Supernatural Creature, so I will."

"What's her name?"

"Fate," I replied. I could feel their stares and sensed their confusion. "That is her real name," I added. "Don't worry; I was confused as to why she was called Fate too."

"Is she powerful?"

"Very," I replied, nodding my head. I nodded to my staff. "She made that and made it so that it can turn into a sword."

"Really?" Valen asked, and I nodded. "That is so cool. Have you been trained to use it?"

"Yes," I confirmed. "I have been trained to use it."

"What about knowing that I was the other wolf? Especially when you didn't say anything beforehand?"

"I was a bit suspicious when I was on your back. Your presence was the same as I had known. When you had let me pet your head, it confirmed my suspicion."

"So, presence doesn't change in either Human or Wolf form?"

"Not that I know of," I replied. "They tried to keep me in the dark about much of the Supernatural World, said something along the lines that it could lead me to my death."

"But now that you live with a pack of Werewolves..."

"I'm probably going to have a target on my back for whatever wants me dead."

"We'll protect you, though," Valen said.

"Ya, you are family, after all."