Since Day One

"I haven't always been this way", I say twirling my finger on the rim of my glass. "I used to be a normal."

"What happened?", Juicy asks from across the bar.

"Well it all started when I was 4"

_______________________

"Don't make this harder than it needs to be." Julio Thompson sighs at his wife. They've had this conversation twice before. He thought he would be able to leave without trouble.

"We have a family Julio! What about Desirée?! What about our baby girl?" He holds his wife's hands and kisses them gently.

"Trust me. This is for the better. I might not be here with you physically, but I will always support you. This job is what we need to take care of her."

"Let us come with you!"

"Maria, you know why I can't do that." I will send you enough money to keep a roof over your heads and food on the table. Just take care of her and let her know that her Papa loves her very much." She nodded and they walked over to Desirée's bed. There she laid coloring. She smiled as her father kissed her cheeks like he did everyday before work, unaware that this would be the last time she saw him.
_______________________

"He did exactly what he said he would do. Every week my mother would get a check from New York and every few months he'd come visit us. Then he died."

"How?"

"What I didn't know is that when my dad was young he was a trouble maker. He ran with the wrong crowd and they did all types of stuff. Then, he met my mom and he wanted to be better for her. One of his old friends found him in New York. He had just gotten out of jail and was mad at Papa. So, he shot him."

"How old were you?", Celeste asked.

"I was 16. So, I did what anyone else would do. I got a night job at a local grocery store. When I graduated they gave me a full time position and I stayed."

"What about your mom?"

"She was in debt for a while. We weren't making enough money so moved out of the house and into an apartment. She worked all day and came home as I was headed to work."

"So what killed her?" Missy asked passing me a cigarette.

"Drugs. An officer came to the house one day, I had just gotten off my first job, and told me they found her dead in another apartment." I took a long drag from cigarette.

"How'd you end up here?"

"I came in one night after getting kicked out of my godfathers house. I bought a drink and sat at the bar. It was amateur night."
______________________

"You thinkin' about signing up?" An attractive tall woman asked Desirée.

"Yea, I could use the money but, I'm not a stripper.", she replied. The woman was beautiful from what Desirée could tell.

"Can you dance?" Desirée nodded.

"That's more than half these bitches can do. Let me help you out."The tall woman stroked Desirée's face tenderly. Grabbing her arm she then, lead Desirée to a back room, clothed her and put her name on the sign up sheet.

"Be gentle fellas. It's her first time. Performing, "Like a Virgin", the lovely Miss Desire!"

"That's you, go!"

"What do I do?" Desirée whispered as she was escorted to the stage.

"Dance, mama!"
______________________

"I won the contest and Tony liked my performance so much he hired me on spot." That was five years ago.

"So, where'd you live?"

"With me", Celeste interjected taking the cigarette from my hand. She kissed me on my lips before taking a drag and kissing me again.

"I didn't know y'all got down like that. I thought you were dating Big Tony.", Missy chuckles.

"I am but, Celeste has everything I'm looking for."

"Expect a dick." She laughs back.

"It's that tongue I like, baby." I wink. "Besides, that's what Tony's for."

"You talking bout my baby girl?" Tony asks walking in as if saying his name summoned him. I smirk and nod. "Well why don't you an Celeste come give Daddy a kiss." We walk over to him and kiss his cheeks. He wraps his arms around us and we smile.

"So, that's what this is?", Juicy exclaims. "I ain't know you had it like that Big T."

"What can I say? I love my girls. Everyone ready for tonight's show?"

_______________________
A/N

I'm trying a new style. What do you guys think?! Comment down below!!