Truth B Told

Prince's POV

I walk into my room and there she is curled up in my bed sobbing. I open my mouth to speak but her eyes beg me to remain silent. I take a seat behind her on the other side of the bed. Gently rubbing her back I soothe her and watch her slowly calm down.

"He's evil. Always has been."

"What do you mean?"

"Jerome frequented the club more than Morris did. He always asked me for a dance. So he'd pay the fee and I'd dance. After about 2 months of dancing for him every night things got weird. He was obsessed with me and extremely jealous. He shooed away all my other customers and always sat front row for my sets. He spent five or six thousand every night just to keep me away from everyone else. When Tony changed the club he got out of hand. He practically begged me to fuck him but Tony always told him I wasn't for sale."

"I thought you said he did make you fuck people."

"He did but never Jerome. I was like an expensive car to Tony only him and his close friends could drive. Tony had placed a high price on me. A price that, after months of hoarding me, Jerome could no longer afford. That's when Morris came into the picture. He was always a shot caller and the club. He had his pick of women and Tony gladly offered me to his best patron. Jerome felt cheated and offered half his savings to keep me for a night. Tony accepted and gave me away. That night was awful. He got high and beat me until I was unconscious then fucked me until I woke up 12 hours later. He was willing to keep this arrangement with Tony but even his greedy ass thought it wasn't worth it. Tony would've but I was so messed up I didn't work for three days. I knew he'd be back so I avoided him. That's when Morris and I made a deal. He agreed to take care of me and keep Jerome away as long as I spent two nights with him a week. To this day, I have no idea how he did it but Jerome never came back to the club."

I sat there speechless. All the pay advances he requested started to make sense. Im really glad I always said no. I glance at her face and notice she's crying again. I pull her close to me, holding her reassuringly. She rolls over placing her head in my chest

"I'm so sorry. I wish I would've known. I shouldn't have pushed you to audition."

"Its okay. I didn't know he was part of your band."

"He isn't anymore. He quit."

"Doesn't mean he won't be a problem."

"I'll protect you, Desirée. I told you that."

"I don't wanna talk about this anymore. It's a major drag."

"Well what would you like to talk about?"

"Will you sing for me?"

"I have a better idea. Follow me."