5 - Stay or Run

~Aliyah's POV~

"Zion?"

"hey Aliyah" he said casually "what the fuck are you doing? did you kidnap me?" I said as he laughed. "calm down I didn't kidnap you, I'm keeping you safe" he said looking at me. I saw that he was wearing black jeans, with a black hoodie on and then it hit me that he was the guy at the hotel. "were you the one watching me at the hotel?" I said as he nodded his head. "yeah I told you I have to keep you safe" he said as I looked at him confused.

"what do you mean?" I said but he didn't say anything he completely ignored me. "just know that we won't be going back to L.A." he said "what the hell take me back!" I said now yelling at him. "I can't" he said "we're going to New York we'll be safe there" he said as I sighed. "Zion tell me what's going on" I said as he looked at me.

He didn't say anything but he turned back to the road "you can't just not say anything tell me what the hell is going on? do you even have a plan?" I said talking with my hands. "okay so there's a guy named Lucas and he wanted me to rob the bank or he said he would hurt you but I did rob the bank but he said I didn't take enough so he was going to hurt you so I took you and now were going to New York where we'll be safe" he said nodding his head as I looked at him like he was crazy.

"why the hell am I involved in this?" I said as he shrugged "I think he thinks we're still together" he said as I sighed. "you can't just fucking take me to New York you think no one's gonna notice" I said like he was dumb "you're so fucking stupid you shouldn't even have robbed the bank" I said as I saw him roll his eyes.

"you know I didn't have to save you" he said making me look at him. "you know you didn't have to rob the bank" I said like he was stupid. "Zion I don't want to go to New York I want to go home take me home and I'll tell the cops that someone is trying to kill me" I said trying to think of something to make him change his mind.

"Yeah that's an idea and all but it won't work" he said shrugging his shoulders. "Lucas has a whole army of people who are looking for me right now" he said as I leaned back in the seat. I realized the car we were in was a red 2018 Audi R8. "the whole state of California is looking for you" I said looking out the window. "which is why we're going to New York" he said like it was obvious.

~Zion's POV~

I didn't want to do this to Aliyah I still really cared about her but it was either have her sit and probably get killed or move to New York. She didn't understand that I was trying to keep her safe she just thinks that I'm kidnapping her which technically I am.....but that's besides the point.

~Nick's POV~

It's been 19 hours since anyone saw or talked to Aliyah and the police are saying that she probably got kidnapped which doesn't help my nerves calm down at all. They took me, the boys and Aurora all in for questioning.

"Nick can you pay attention please" Rose said as I turned my head to her. "what if he took her and tries to do something to her" I said as she looked at me confused. "what if she's dead right now and you're just wasting time talking to us" I said now raising my voice at her. "calm down okay she's not dead" Rose said sitting down at the chair across from me.

"I know you're worried about her but you need to calm down now when was the last time you talked to her" she said making me roll my eyes. "I already told you last night" I said getting mad and balling my fist up. "Nick I hate to break it to you but you're a suspect in the disappearance of Aliyah" Rose said making me look up at her confused.

"why me?" I said confused "you were the last one to see and talk to her" she said as I rolled my eyes. "that doesn't mean I kidnapped her" I said looking at her confused "which is why we're asking you questions" she said as I sighed and sat back in the chair.

~Aliyah's POV~

The sun had just went down and me and Zion were still on the highway driving, we hadn't said anything to each other today it's mostly been silence in the car. "how do you even know Lucas" I said breaking the silence. "and she speaks" Zion said making me look at him and give him a death glare.

"I did a couple things for him here and there and he got to trust me so he asked me to rob the bank for him when I said no he said he would hurt you if I didn't" Zion said as I nodded my head. I understood the situation and why Zion did it but at the same time I didn't. I wanted to ask him why he did it but now wasn't the best time.

"Zion" I said quietly as he looked at me "I'm hungry" I said as he looked away from me and at the gas meter. "we need gas" he said looking up at me "I can't get gas so you're gonna have to go in alone" he said I smiled when he said this it was an escape route for me to tell someone what was happening. "I know you're probably thinking of running away to which I wouldn't do because it's either stay in L.A. and get killed or come with me to New York" Zion said as my smile disappeared.

I would try to run away but Zion was being honest I could tell when he lied. I could tell he was worried about me and I wasn't sure what I should do should I try to run away or should I stay with him. "I'm taking your silence as you're not gonna run away" Zion said as I looked up at him.

He pulled off the highway and into a 7-11 Zion parked the car and reached in the back he came back to the front and was holding a bag. He opened it and saw a bunch of bills he pulled out 100$ and handed it to me. "ask for 50" he said as I nodded my head, I knew this was the money he stole but we had to eat and needed gas.

I got out the car and it was hard for me to walk at first because I was sitting down all day. I got my balance and walked to the gas station. I walked inside and the bell went off I walked to the cooler and grabbed four water bottles I walked around and no one was here. I grabbed a couple of chip bags and candy because gas station food is gross.

I walked up to the counter and set everything down "road trip?" the girl asked as I smiled at her "yep and can I have 50 on 6?" I said as she nodded her head. "where to?" she asked typing into the cash register. I didn't want to tell her New York so I made something up "Texas I'm going to see my family" I said smiling at her.

"oh nice Texas is nice" she said as she finished ringing the food. "98.28" she said as I handed her the two 50 dollar bills. "you can keep the change" I said grabbing the bags I walked out the store and to the car I opened the door and set the bags in then I filled up the car. When I was done I got in the car and Zion started the car. "good choice on not running away" Zion said as he pulled out of the gas station. I didn't say anything but I crossed my arms and looked out the window.