13 - Hike

~Aliyah's POV~

I woke up the next morning and the bed felt empty. I turned around and noticed that Zion wasn't in the room anymore. I got out of the bed and noticed there was a note on the nightstand. I looked at it and read.

I went to get the car when I come back we're going to Kentucky! btw you look amazing when sleeping (:

I smiled and shook my head as I took the note and put it in my pocket. I grabbed my bag and walked into the bathroom. I took a quick shower and when I got out I changed into light washed jeans and a white t-shirt along with white flip flops. After I got dressed I did my hair and then left the bathroom. When I opened the door I noticed Zion was in the living room holding bags. "hey," I said smiling at him.

"hey I got a surprise," he said smiling at me "which is?" I asked confused "come check it out and bring your stuff," he said as I nodded my head. I walked over to the bed and grabbed my bag and then I followed him out the room. "so last night" Zion said wrapping his arm around my shoulder. "shut up" I said smiling and rolling my eyes.

~Rose's POV~

I was sitting in my car in Nick's driveway waiting for him to come outside. All of a sudden I saw the front door open and Nick walked outside he walked to my car and opened the door and got inside sitting down. He turned over and looked at me and smiled. "Hey,"  he said as I started backing out of the driveway. "Hey,"  I said as I started driving " so I've been wanting to ask you something,"  he said as I turned over to look at him confused. " what's it about?"  I asked as I stopped at a red light.

"us," He said as I felt excitement through me.  we've been talking and hanging out for a while now and I've been wanting him to ask me to be his girlfriend but I didn't know if he felt like that towards me or not. "Okay, what?" I asked as I started driving again "Well I know this isn't really a special way to do it but will you be my girlfriend?" he asked as I looked over at him to see him looking down and playing with his hands nervously. "Nick, of course, I'll be your girlfriend," I said smiling he looked up at me and smiled really big. "Oh thank God I thought you would dodge me for a second," He said as we both started laughing.

~Aliyah's POV~

We were now in Kentucky and Zion let me finally Drive. We were driving in the middle of nowhere going down some country ass Road. I noticed there was a big fence along the road. When I looked over I saw about five horses right behind the fence. "Oh my god Zion look!"I yelled pointing at the horses. " I'm stopping,"  I said as I slowed down the car " are you five?"  he asked as we both started laughing. " I don't care come with me,"  I said reaching behind us and grabbing my camera that was sitting on the seat.

"okay fine," he said as I heard the car door open. I turned back around and took the keys out of the car. I got out of the car and closed the door I ran up to Zion and he looked down at me smiling I gave him a big smile as I ran past him to the horses. "you act Like you've never seen a horse before"  he said laughing but I ignored him.

I turned on my camera and held my hand out as a black and white horse walked up to me slowly. "oh my god look" I said as he came to my side he reached his hand out and tried petting the horse but the horse backed up. "stop you're scaring It"  I said pushing his hand away I reached my hand out again and it walked up to me slowly I started petting it and it was really soft. It felt like a scene from a movie like when do you see a random herd of horses.

Zion reached his hand over and tried petting the horse but it was scared at first but it let him after a minute. "see isn't this fun" I said as I turned off the camera. " yeah I guess it's better than sitting in a car for 6 hours" he said as I laughed rolling my eyes.

~~~

Surprisingly we made it all through Kentucky Before the end of the day. Zion is now driving and I noticed a sign that said welcome to Ohio. "Ohio?"  I asked confused as I looked over at him "soon we'll be in New York" he said smiling "We're stopping at this hotel just a couple miles away" He said as I nodded my head I looked down at the radio and notice that it was only 4 in the afternoon. It was still pretty early for the amount of driving that we got done today.

~~~

Zion Park the car and I looked up and noticed that we were at a new hotel.  I reached in the back and grabbed my duffle bag then I turned back around and got out the car as he did the same thing. "you know it's still pretty early" I said as we walked into the hotel. "I know but we can find something to do," he said as I looked around the lobby. The hotel was pretty nice all of the hotels that we have been to on this trip we're all nice they all kind of looked alike though.

I let Zion go up to the receptionist and talk to her about the room as I just wandered around aimlessly looking. When he was finished we both took the elevator up to the room. The room number was 607 which meant it was on the 6th floor. When we walk into the room it was pretty huge but this time I was only one bed but also there was a kitchen.

I walked over to the bed and set my bag down as Zion threw his bag down on the couch. " so what's the plan?" I asked sitting down in the bed. "well I don't know, what do you want to do?" he asked me as I shrugged my shoulders. "you always ask me what I want to do what do you want to do?" I said as he thought about it for a moment.

"I want to go on a hike," he said as I looked at him confused "a hike?" I said as he nodded his head smiling. "were in Ohio it's all Woods we can find somewhere to hike to" he said as I nodded my head. "well if that's what you want to do then I'm down" I said standing up as he smiled at me. "all right let's go then" he said as I opened my duffle bag and pulled out my camera then I followed him out of the room.

~~~

We ended up driving to some nearby park Zion Parked the car and we both got out and just started walking into the woods. Luckily for us, there was a trail.  I pulled out my camera and started taking random pictures as we were walking. "damn you really love that thing" Zion said looking over at me as I laughed. "well since I don't have a phone it's the closest thing I got so I have to love it" I said smiling and looking at the pictures that I took.

It was about an hour later and we finally reach the top  of a hill that we found. I smiled as I looked at the view it wasn't more of a City View just more of nature like trees. I pulled out my camera like I always did and turned it on taking a video. I moved it along so the camera could see The View.  I turned it over to Zion and he looked at me and smiled into the camera. "Let me see that," he said reaching for it and grabbing it from me "no come on,"  I said reaching for it as he turned the camera on to me. "You always want to record everyone but you're never in the videos," he said as I smiled looking at the camera. "well I'm in them now so can I have my camera back?" I asked as he turned it off and handed it to me. "look at this view isn't it unreal?" he said looking around.

"even though this trip has been long it has been fun and adventurous" I said walking over to the side and sitting down. "it's kind of sad it's almost over" Zion said walking over to me and sitting down next to me. "yeah but New York will be fun for us"  I said looking over at him " us?" he said winking at me as I rolled my eyes smiling.