11 - Police

~Aliyah's POV~

It was around 2 in the morning and we were on some highway in Colorado. The highway was pretty empty seeing the time that it was. We were listening to music and I was wearing one of Zion's hoodies with my feet on the seat I was sitting in a ball. 

"Why are you sitting like that?" Zion asked laughing and looking over at me. "what? I can't help it" I said as we both laughed. I heard sirens and I looked in the rear view mirror seeing red and blue lights flashing. 

I sat straight up and looked over at Zion "uh what are you about to do?" I asked putting my seat belt on. "just don't say anything and act cool" Zion said straightening up and pulling the car over and parking it. I was really nervous because this guy could recognize us at any moment. 

A couple of seconds later the policeman walked up to the car. Zion rolled down the window as we both looked up at him. "License and registration please," the officer said as Zion nodded his head. He reached over and opened the glovebox grabbing registration. He pulled out his license and I glanced at it seeing there was a fake name. 

He handed the officer the papers and he looked at them for a moment. I felt my hands start to sweat from being Anxious. The officer looked back up and handed Zion the papers back "you guys have a backlight out you need to get that fixed" he said looking over at me in the passenger seat. "okay thank you have a nice night" Zion said giving him a smile. "you to" the officer said turning around and walking back to his car. 

Zion started the car again and I sighed of relief. "that was so scary" I said wiping my hands off on my pants. "I told you we would be fine," Zion said as I rolled my eyes smiling. "I'm gonna stop at this hotel up here," Zion said as I looked in the direction seeing a small city.

~~~

We checked into the hotel and walked up to our room. When Zion opened the room door I saw a nice ass hotel room that had a living room, a bedroom, and two bathrooms. "oh shit!" I said as Zion laughed I set my bags down on the couch and Zion did the same thing. I looked over at the clock and saw it was 2:36 but I wasn't that tired. 

"hey do you wanna go for a walk around the block?" I asked as Zion looked at me smiling. "a little weird but sure" he said as I laughed "it's not weird" I said reaching into one of my bags and pulling out my camera. "whatever let's go" I said turning around and walking right back out of the room. 

~~~

We walked out of the hotel which was an actual street with stores. Since it was so late no one was really out and a lot of the stores were closed but I still wanted to walk. "you're always recording now" Zion said as I turned on the camera. "I told you it was a good idea," I said turning the camera to us. I smiled as I leaned against Zion. He smiled and held up a peace sign as I turned the camera back around. I turned it off and put the wrist band around my wrist. 

"let me see your hand," Zion said holding his hand out to me "okay why?" I asked putting my hand on top of his. "so I could hold it" he said winking at me and dropping our hands down. "that was so corny" I said hitting his chest with my other hand as we both laughed. "hey you can't say nothing because it worked" he said as I laughed rolling my eyes. 

We turned the corner and we saw two girls walking towards us. "oh my god!" one of them yelled Zion and I stopped in our tracks and quickly turned around. "I think that was Zion Kuwonu!" I heard one of the girls yelled. "let's run back" Zion said as we started running down the street hand in hand. 

I laughed thinking about how crazy we looked running down the street from two girls. We ran back into the hotel and walked fastly into the elevators. Zion pressed the 10th-floor button and we both started busting out laughing. 

"I'm not gonna lie I'm having a lot of fun," I said as we kept laughing. "I am too," Zion said smiling at me. I leaned in and he did the same thing I kissed him and the elevator door opened and I pulled away as we walked off. "that's all I'm gonna get?" he said as I rolled my eyes smiling. "yes," I said as I heard him smack his lips. "you're annoying," I said hitting his chest as we walked up to our room number. 

~Nick's POV~ 

I knocked on the door and took a deep breath. I finally asked Rose out on an actual date and surprisingly she said yes. We've been hanging out for like every day the past three weeks so I wasn't that nervous. 

She opened the door and I saw her wearing white jeans, white slip on vans and a yellow off the shoulder shirt with her hair curled. "wow you look great" I said smiling at her "thank you, you do to" she said looking at me up and down. She leaned in and kissed me and I smiled looking down at her "you ready?" she asked smiling at me as  I nodded my head. 

~~~

We ended up going out for dinner and movie which was a normal dinner thing considering most of the time we hang out it's because of her work. I pulled my car back inside her parking lot and parked my car looking over at her. "you wanna come inside or do you have to go?" she asked as I unbuckled my seatbelt. 

"I can come in," I said as she smiled at me. We got out of the car and walked inside her house. She walked over to her radio and turned on music as I sat down on the couch. "I'm so glad you finally asked me out," she said laughing and walking over to me. "I didn't know if you actually liked me," I said as she sat down next to me. 

"of course I do I always told you that," she said smiling and facing me. She licked her lips and looked at me up and down "show it then" I said looking at her up and down as she smiled at me. We leaned in and both started making out and one thing led to another and you can guess what happened next. 

~Aliyah's POV~

It was the next morning and Zion and I left the hotel around 5 in the morning because we were trying to get to New York as fast as possible. Zion was driving as the radio station played some corny song. "how much longer?" I asked looking over at Zion. 

We've been driving for about three hours hoping we would make it to Missouri sometime soon. "I'm not sure but we need gas" Zion said as I looked ahead and saw a rest stop right up the street. He pulled into the rest stop and pulled up to a gas pump and parked the car. "I'll be right back you want anything?" Zion asked looking over at me. 

"water would be nice," I said giving him a smile as he nodded his head getting out the car. He shut the door and I sat there looking around knowing the fact that I had no phone to keep me busy. I noticed that a cop car pulled up at the pump right next to us. 

I didn't get nervous because he could have been getting gas. I looked over at him and saw him get out of the car but instead of walking to the pump he walked over to our car. I turned around and watched him from the back window. He looked at the back of our car and I got suspicious so I opened the door and stepped out. 

"Hello, officer," I said putting on my best white person voice. He looked up at me and I noticed he was chewing gum "how can I help you?" I asked smiling at him "your backlight is out" he said pointing at it. "oh thank you for pointing that out I didn't notice" I said lying to him "I'll get it fixed soon that you" I said looking up and smiling at him. 

He looked at me up and down and gave me a dirty look. Now normally if someone did that I would slap the fuck out of them but in this case, there's an exception. "have a nice day" he said walking past me and back to his car. I walked back to the passenger seat and got inside. Two seconds later the front door opened and Zion got in the front seat. 

"I saw what happened from inside," Zion said looking at me confused. "he pointed out the backlight we need to get that fixed," I said as Zion nodded his head. "well we can stop somewhere in Missouri," Zion said as he started the car back up.