14 - Crash

~Aliyah's POV~

It was the next morning and I had just got out of the shower. Luckily for us in this hotel room, there were two bathrooms so while I was taking a shower Zion was in the other one.  I did my normal routine and then I left my hair down and curly and then I changed into dark wash jeans and a black long-sleeve shirt.

I put on my fake Vans and when I was finished getting ready I packed all of my things together.  I grabbed the car keys off of the nightstand as Zion walked out of the bathroom. "you ready? I'm driving"  I said holding up the keys and smiling at him. "okay but I'm driving,"  he said walking over to me and grabbing the keys.

"come on you always drive," I said as he picked up his bag and the room key. "that's tough,"  he said shaking his head as we walked out of the room. We returned the room key back to the receptionist and then we left and started driving to Pennsylvania. Which was going to be our last stop before New York.

~Rose's POV~

After I got off of work I was supposed to go to Nick's house which is where I was driving right now. I felt guilty not telling him about Aliyah and Zion. So I was going to tell him everything that I found out tonight.  when I got to his house I parked my car and walked up to the front door I knew none of his roommates were home tonight so I just opened the door which was surprisingly unlocked.

When I walked inside I heard the TV playing I looked over and saw him sitting on the couch watching the news. "Hey,"  I said as I shut the door he didn't turn to look over at me he sat staring at the TV intensely.  I walked into the living room it looks over at the TV to see what he was watching.

He was watching the news and on the news, they were doing the story about Aaliyah and Zion and how they were spotted. "You didn't tell me that?" he said looking up at me confused. "I was going to,"  I said as he stood up from the couch. "the news said that they were spotted over a week ago why didn't you tell me?" he said looking at me confused.

"no I promise you I really was I was going to tell you tonight"  I said talking with my hands. " okay but why don't you tell me a week ago I come to your office almost every day?"  he said seeming hurt by the situation. "because I didn't want you to get all upset over aliyah again the case is closed on our end" I said as he looked down shaking his head.

"just be honest with me from now on give me a reason to trust you" he said looking at me up and down he walked past me without saying anything for some reason it kind of hurt of what he said I don't know if it's because I was sensitive or if he was actually proving a point.

~Aliyah's POV~

After driving all day we finally ended up at the border of Pennsylvania we had about an hour until we made it to our spot. We were both excited and we were happy that this trip is finally ending. "Aliyah there's something I want to tell you,"  Zion said as I looked over at him confused. "What is it exactly?"  I asked wondering what it could be about. "Well it's kind of about us,"  he said as I got a little nervous wondering what he was going to say.

"Okay" I said nodding my head and looking over at him. "well I know I haven't been the best to you in the past but this trip has really brought us together and I know we're going to have to stay friends but I need to tell you how I feel" he said as I watched the road noticing that we passed a sign that said welcome to New York. "okay well tell me" I said looking over at him "well Aliyah I love you and I want to be with you but I don't want you to think I'm going to hurt you again because that was a mistake"  Zion said catching me off-guard.

I didn't know what to say or even do for that matter I heard a semi trucks horn go off and we both looked up seeing a truck driving in our direction. Zion tried to swerve the car but the truck hit our car. My head hit the dashboard and I closed my eyes as I passed out immediately.

~~~

I woke up and took a big breath like I just got out of the water. I was still in the car and it was upside down. I looked up and the glass from the window was shattered against the ground. I felt a sharp pain in my stomach and legs. I heard sirens coming from afar, I saw smoke coming from the back of the car.

I turned around and noticed Zion wasn't in the front seat anymore. "miss are you okay?" I heard someone yell at me from the other side. I turned my head and saw a white man who had a jacket that said "EMT". "help" I whimpered from the pain hurting too much.

I heard him call for more people to come over to him and a couple of seconds later two other guys showed up. Two of them removed the side door and one of them pulled me out of the car. He set me on the ground as he ran away to get a stretcher.

I looked down at my legs and saw that there were glass shards in them. I saw in the distance on the other side of the crashed car there was another ambulance with EMT putting someone in the car but then I realized it was Zion.

"can you tell me your name please?" the man asked as he picked me up and put me on the stretcher. "Aliyah Harper," I said rubbing my eye as they moved the stretcher. The man looked down at me shocked and then back up at the other EMT. "we need to get her to the hospital stat" he said as I looked at him confused.