16 - Memories

~Aliyah's POV~

I got off of the helicopter with Rose and Nick following me off. After I was dismissed from the hospital Rose and Nick came with me back to L.A. A whole 4-hour ride with Rose and Nick was not fun and it was awkward. As much as I knew Zion was still in the hospital. They never let me talk to him and they didn't tell me anything about him.

"Hey, Aliyah" I heard Rose say as we walked inside of the police building. "you have my number if you have any questions or want to talk to me" she said as I nodded my head. "yeah of course" I said shrugging my shoulders as she gave me a half smile. "I'll see you soon," she said smiling at me "yeah you too," I said nodding my head at her.

She turned around and walked up to Nick as I walked out of the police building. "Aliyah!" I heard someone yell. I turned my head and saw Aurora running up to me I dropped my bag as she ran up to me hugging me. "holy fuck I missed you so much!" she yelled as I felt tears go down my face. It sucked not being able to talk to my best friend for two months and I was really happy right now.

"aw are you crying because of me?" she asked pulling away from me. "shut up I missed you," I said picking my bag back up. "come on bestie let's go get some pancakes and talk," she said wrapping her arm around my shoulder.

~Zion's POV~

After I was dismissed from the hospital the two police officers ended up flying with me back to L.A. But it wasn't so good for me when we landed back in L.A. I couldn't leave. They ended up putting me in a holding cell until further notice. All I did all day was sit there and wait for someone to come to talk to me.

I was just sitting on my bed looking up at the ceiling bored out of my mind. "Kuwonu get up" I heard someone say. I sat up and saw my attorney Gabe standing there. "I'm gonna help you get out of here," he said as a policeman opened the door.

~~~

I walked into an interview room and saw a girl sitting down at a table. She had long black curly hair and red lipstick on. "hello Zion my name's Rose" she said as I walked over to the table and sat down across from her. Gabe walked over and sat down next to me as I looked at her confused. "I spoke to Aliyah back in New York and she told us everything," she said as I sighed looking down.

"How is Aliyah doing after the crash?" I asked looking at her concerned. "she's fine now" she said as I nodded my head. "she told us about the gang and how you were blackmailed" she said as I shook my head. "It's a good thing though it's going to help us get you out of a sentence," Gabe said as I looked over at him.

"can I talk to Zion alone?" Rose asked as I looked at her confused. "sure" Gabe said as he stood up and walked out of the room. "so your court date is Monday" she said as I nodded my head. "can you do me a favor?" I asked her as she nodded her head. "can you make sure that Aliyah is going to be there?" I asked as she smiled at me nodding her head.

"I understand why you did it and I'm sure you're scared right now but everything's gonna be cool," Rose said giving me a friendly smile. "Thank you," I said as we both stood up "of course and if you need to talk to me ask Gabe and I'll come to visit you," she said as I nodded my head.

~Aliyah's POV~

After I went to breakfast with Aurora we finally went back home and I was so excited to finally be home. She unlocked the front door and I walked inside as I smiled looking around. "I'm gonna be upstairs," I said to Aurora as I started walking upstairs. "okay" I heard her say as she walked into the other room.

I walked upstairs and walked to the end of the hall where my room was. I opened the door and walked inside smiling looking around. I set my bag on my bed as I sat down I opened my bag and dug inside pulling out my camera that Zion had bought me. Surprisingly they let me keep all of my clothes and my bag that I had the whole time.

I turned the camera on and started watching all of the videos and seeing the photos that I took along the way to New York. I smiled as the video from Arizona played. It was us on the clift when we watched the sun go down. I clicked the next button and I saw Elizabeth smiling at the camera.

I was actually kind of sad that the trip was over it gave me a lot of memories and it felt like an escape from the rest of the world. It was nice to not have to worry about school or money and just enjoy the trip. But now Zion could be going to jail and I had no idea where he even was.

I heard a knock at my bedroom door and I put the camera back in my bag "yeah" I said as the door opened. When it opened I saw Rose on the other side of it. "oh hey" I said smiling at her as she walked over to me. "hey so I kinda want to talk to you" she said as she sat down next to me. "okay what's up?" I asked confused.

"So Zion was transported to L.A. and is currently in a holding cell his court date is Monday and he wants you to be there" she said as I looked at her shocked. "uh okay, of course, I'll be there" I said smiling at her. "okay good" she said giving me a smile.