6 - The phone

~Aliyah's POV~

I've come to accept the fact that I'm really here with Zion a criminal and going to New York. What I haven't accepted is the fact that I will never see any of my friends again. It was dark out and I looked at the time seeing it was 4:36 in the morning. "how do you plan on sleeping?" I said to Zion he didn't say anything but he pointed at the road. I turned my head and saw a sign that said "welcome to Nevada". "no one in Nevada knows I'm wanted in California" Zion said as I sat there not knowing what to say.

"We'll stop at a hotel and then get back on the road in the morning" Zion said as I nodded my head. After driving for a couple more minutes he pulled into the parking lot of a shitty looking motel. "we can stay here for the night" Zion said parking the car and grabbing the bag from the back seat.

"can we buy clothes?" I said as he looked at me like I was dumb "where the hell are we going to get clothes?" he said as I looked away from him and around us. "gift shop" I said opening the car door I got out the car as Zion did the same thing. "here I'm getting a room" he said handing me a 50 dollar bill.

I took the money and walked away from him and into the gift shop. When I walked in the lights were low and there was stupid pointless things everywhere. I walked to the wall where I saw sweatshirts. I grabbed a grey one where in the corner of the shirt said "Nevada" I grabbed Zion a grey t shirt because I didn't know what he wanted.

I walked up to the cashier and she turned to me she was an older woman who had a bunch of wrinkles and looked at me with a mean look. She rung up the shirts and turned to me "45.36" she said with her rough voice. "do I know you from somewhere?" she said as I felt my heart drop from being scared. "no I never been here before" I said handing her the bill "oh okay where you from?" she asked me "Dallas Texas" I said as she handed me back the change. She nodded her head but looked at me squinting her eyes.

I pushed the money in the bag and quickly walked out the store. I saw Zion leaning against the wall looking down at a phone. "you have a phone?" I said making him turn to me "calm down it's a track phone" he said holding it up. "It's just for gps" he said as I walked closer to him "let me call someone" I said reaching for it as he pulled it away from me.

"hell no are you crazy we're going to get caught" he said looking at me like I was crazy. "let me tell someone I'm okay and they don't need to worry about me" I said putting my hands up. "hell no and that's final" he said as I rolled my eyes "okay boss" I said pushing past him. I heard him sigh and follow behind me.

We walked to a room and Zion unlocked the door revealing the one bed and one bath room. "I got you a t shirt" I said walking into the room as Zion shut and lock the door. He turned on the light and I turned my body to him as he took off his hood for the first time. "you dyed your dreads?" I said looking at his hair confused.

"yeah you like?" he asked half smiling and shaking his head "no you look dumb as hell" I said laughing and turning to the bag. "there's the Aliyah I've missed so much" Zion said being sarcastic as I rolled my eyes. "I'm taking a shower don't wait up" I said grabbing the sweatshirt and walking into the bathroom.

~~~

I walked out the bathroom wearing my leggings and the grey sweatshirt. I looked and saw Zion setting the phone down on the night stand. "oh god we have to sleep by each other?" I said making him look at me as I rolled my eyes. "like we haven't before" he said moving the blanket and laying down. "yeah that was before you cheated on me" I said making him sigh as I walked to the other side of the bed.

I laid down next to him and we were both facing each other "you know I made a mistake I shouldn't have cheated on you" he said as I rolled my eyes. "was that the first time or was there others?" I asked him "that was the only time and I felt horrible about it" he said I could tell he was being honest because he was looking into my eyes. When he's lying he usually plays with one of his dreads.

"have you seen anyone else?" he asked me as I half smiled thinking about Nick. "you have?" he said raising an eyebrow at me. "I mean like two days ago I kind of like this guy now?" I said as he looked at me crazy. "who is it I wanna know?" he said as I shook my head "hell no I'm not telling you" I said as he looked at me confused.

"why not?" he said "just tell me it's not like you're gonna see him" Zion said as I got sad. Damn Zion is right I'm probably never gonna see Nick, Aurora, Brandon, Edwin or Austin ever again. "It's Nick" I said then I turned around so my back was facing him "you fuck with shark boy?" he said half yelling as I rolled my eyes. "I guess not anymore" I said closing my eyes I heard him sigh and I closed my eyes trying not to cry. It was hard to accept the fact that all of a sudden my life is changing so dramatically.

(A/N) sorry for taking my story down but I'm back now and that's all that matters (: