Settling In

Confined to ward two, Jameson Jackson was laying on his stomach in one of the beds, waving to Google Green, though it lacked his usual energetic nature. Google Green tilted his head slightly before performing a set of symbols with his hands, which Jameson watched intently in confusion. Chase Brody groaned, watching the encounter out of the corner of his eye. "Bro, he's not deaf, he's just mute... and he doesn't know sign language."

Google Green looked at Chase, then back to Jameson who smiled, shrugging his shoulders and nodded. "If he does not know sign language, then how do you communicate with him?"

Chase groaned loudly, throwing his head back. "It's basically charades, dude. Or if you get fed up with that... see if you can find a notepad. His hand writing is super legible, bro." Suddenly Chase sat up a little more, looking over the androids. "Hey, how do you know sign language?"

"I know everything." Google Blue responded.

Chase furrowed his brows. "Yeah? Then why can't you turn off power saving mode, dude?"

Google Blue's posture stiffened, his eyes flickering before they stabilized. "Unable to perform action."

Chase pushed himself up on his elbows. "That wasn't an action, man, it was a question."

"Unable to perform action." Google Blue repeated.

"Fine." Chase huffed, sinking down into his chair more.

"Unable to perform action."

"I said fine!" Chase glared over at the android, who's metallic body seemed to be glitching slightly. Jameson's eyes widened and he drew a finger across his throat before pulling the covers over his head.

"Unable to perform action. Unable to perform action. Unable to perform action."

Chase cleared his throat, pushing himself onto his feet and swayed a little before catching his balance. "Hey, uh, Google? Dude? I didn't mean to upset you, bro... or like... break you? It's ok. You know everything, alright man?"

"Unable to perform action. Unable to perform action." Google Blue repeated over and over again. As Chase glanced around, he realized that Google Green, Yellow and Red's eyes had all gone dark, their forms frozen still.

"Doctors!" Chase called, stumbling and fell against the door before he opened it. "Schneep! Dude?!"

Hearing the voice, Dr. Schneeplestein stormed upstairs. "How many times must I tell you not to call me-"

"I broke the robots, man. I'm real sorry." Chase cringed, holding onto the door for stability. "I was just asking a question, doctor bro, I promise."

"You vhat?" Dr. Schneeplestein sighed, stepping into the room.

"Unable to perform action. Unable to perform action. Unable to perform action. Unable to perform action."

The doctor narrowed his eyes, walking closer and knocked on Google Blue's chest. "Stop zat racket."

Dr. Iplier leaned in the doorway, looking around. "Ok Google, reboot!"

"Unable to-" Google Blue fell silent, his form glitching around a bit more. "Sh-sh-sh-uting down." His voice drained off at the end, and whirring sounds could be heard before his eyes also went dark.

Dr. Schneeplestein frowned, looking over his shoulder. "Zat seems risky. Vhat if he cannot boot up properly vith ze low power problems?"

Dr. Iplier shrugged. "What else were we going to do? He's-"

"Say dying and I zhrow you out ze vindow!" Dr. Schneeplestein growled, and Dr. Iplier threw his hands up.

Chase had stumbled back into the room and slumped back down into his chair. "I'm real sorry bros, I didn't mean to break him."