Possible Diagnosis

After realizing that Robbie was literally fading, time became a blur for everyone. No one had really talked about it, and they had all just gone their separate ways. Mark and Jack had both individually decided to return to their original plan of spending as much time with the egos as they could.

Mark was sitting with King, waiting for him to wake up. Jack had gone upstairs to be with Jackieboy, since Robbie was not at all conscious and Marvin was also asleep, but apparently didn't remember who Jack was anyway. Mark had been warned that King didn't remember him either, but he refused to believe it.

The second that King shifted and his eyes slipped open a little, Mark grinned. "Hey... how are you feeling?"

King stared up at Mark, seeming a little unsettled. "Ok." He answered quietly, his voice a bit hoarse.

Mark nodded. "Yeah?" He smiled, patting King's arm. "I know I haven't been around in a bit. I've been worried about you though."

King silently blinked at him a moment before he yawned then sighed. "Who... are you?"

Mark frowned, looking over at Dr. Iplier on the couch and the man just gave him an 'I told you so' shrug. Sighing Mark cleared his throat. "Mark. I'm Mark... you don't remember me at all?"

King slowly shook his head. "I'm... sorry... sir."

Mark stood up, sighing. "Get some rest." He said softly, and left the room.

Amy looked up, from trying to get the Jims away from Robbie, and frowned, abandoning her task to follow Mark out. "Are you alright?"

Mark covered his face with his hands, and she could hear the hitch in his breathing. "Why didn't I take it seriously? I should have taken it more seriously."

Amy wrapped her arms around him, hugging him close. "It's alright. No one could have known this was coming."

Mark eventually wrapped his arms around her, leaning into her as he tried to hold back tears and failed. "How many am I going to lose?"

Amy was just quiet, and they both understood that she didn't have the answers. She just held him until he seemed to calm a little. "Why don't you get a drink of water and go up and see Shepherd, Ed and Bim?"

Mark nodded a little, leaning back and wiped his face with his hands. "I'm such a mess."

Amy offered him a small smile and cupped his face in her hands. "It's alright. Go spend time with them, ok?"

Sighing, Mark did as he was told and went to get a glass of water before he headed upstairs and made his way into the room. Jack watched him and his bloodshot eyes for a moment, but decided not to say anything and returned to talking to Jackieboy, telling him the stories of the deeds of a great hero. Bim tried to roll over on his air mattress, but was struggling and Mark sat down beside him, helping him sit up.

Amy sighed, heading back into the sick ward, giving Dr. Iplier a sad smile before making her way over to the Jims. "I'm serious this time, you have to leave him alone."

"This is the biggest story in the whole house!" Reporter Jim pointed out. Camera Jim nodded, the camera still pointed at Robbie.

Amy placed her hand on the camera, gently lowering it. "He's sick guys. What would Mother Jim say?"

Reporter Jim gasped. "Mother Jim would be angry..." He looked at Camera Jim who nodded and they quickly headed to the other side of the room. Amy let out a relieved sigh and made her way upstairs. She looked in to watch Bim halfheartedly showing Mark the phone game he'd been playing, while Jack was still telling stories to Jackieboy. Without disturbing them, she headed to ward two, and sat down on the floor beside Google Blue to see how he was.