Not Enough Beds

Mark knocked on the hospital house's door before letting himself in, Jack following along behind him. "Doctors?" Mark called out, before Jack smacked his shoulder.

"Some of them are probably sleeping. It's still kind of early." Jack scolded. "And they are sick."

Mark shook his head. "Sure thing, doctor Sean."

"Uh, it's Dr. Septiceye." Jack smirked.

"You're not starting vith zhat again, are you?" Dr. Schneeplestein growled as he stepped into the hallway. "Because ve had ze talk about zhis, didn't ve Jack?"

Mark chuckled. "Called out."

Jack glared at Mark before he sighed, deciding to change the subject rather than risk setting off the good doctor. "How is everyone?"

"As good as can be expected." Dr. Schneeplestein answered vaguely. "Ve are running some tests in ze sick vard today, so if you two could take care of ze vards upstairs, zhat vould be vunderbar."

"What kind of tests?" Mark asked.

"Doctor tests." Dr. Scheneplestein muttered. Mark and Jack exchanged a skeptical look and the good doctor cleared his throat. "No more insubordination in mine hospital!"

Throwing his hands up, Jack sighed. "Alright! Alright... we were just curious."

Mark slipped past him and glanced into the sick ward, sighing as he watched Dr. Iplier testing the Host's reflexes. Shaking his head, he made his way upstairs, leaning into ward two. "How are you guys doing?" He smiled.

Google Blue turned, looking Mark over. "Satisfactory."

"We're tired, bro." Chase smiled. "But alright. Is Jack here?"

"Uh, yup." Mark glanced over his shoulder before looking back to Chase. "He'll be up in a minute."

"Cool." Chase smiled, laying his head back.

Mark nodded and sighed as he headed down the hall, opening the door to ward three. "How are you guys doing?" He asked softly.

"Pretty sure the not-so-super heroes are dead." Ed grunted.

Mark frowned, looking over Jackieboy Man and the Silver Shepherd, laying on sleeping bags on the floor, eyes closed. "What do you mean, dead?" He muttered, crouching down next to the Silver Shepherd and placed a few fingers against his neck to check for a pulse.

"Haven't moved in days." Ed grunted.

"He has a pulse." Mark let out a relieved sigh.

"What is, Ed hasn't moved in days either." Bim muttered, sitting in an arm chair in the corner of the room. "Moving... is hard."

Mark sat back a little, watching Jackieboy Man breathing for a moment before he looked over at Bim. "It's alright. You guys should be resting."

Bim groaned, closing his eyes. "Resting." He shifted a little, his breathes a little short. "You know... Dr. Iplier stopped saying we're dying." He paused, catching his breath, and Mark waited, able to tell that he wanted to say more. "Can't tell if... Dr. Schneeplestein threatened him or... or if we're really dying now."

"You're not dying." Mark sighed, though he wasn't entirely sure if he believed that. At least he was pretty good at sounding he believed what he was saying. "You're just really sick."

"Would you even care if we did die?" Bim muttered.

Ed laughed, gripping at the arms of his chair as the laughter turned to coughing. "He'll care..." He huffed. "If Will or Dark die. He ain't giving two shits when we're gone."