The Beginning of the End

After two weeks, Mark and Jack had posted videos to cover each of their egos. Of course the process had taken a bit longer for Mark, and he had appreciated Jack's help, and Amy's support through it all. Jack had just landed back home in Brighton, and while he was relieved to be home for a bit, he was feeling guilty and generally upset to be leaving his alternates behind. Throwing himself back into work, Jack was prepared to get back on schedule, and hopefully cover his trip back to the United States to pick up his characters later. Robin's questions were slowing as the work piled up, and Jack continued to dodge answering any of them.

Mark also turned back to making more regular videos, the ego hints completely dropping off, as he and Amy spent time in their evenings searching through the theories, and the demands for some conclusion to all of the wild hints and references he had left. Of course, there would never be any conclusion, and he had taken to given the odd answer of, "What hints?" which was driving everyone in his community absolutely mad.

At the make shift hospital, everyone was improving, but there was still a long way to go for many of them.

Dr. Iplier leaned into Ward Two, taking a deep breath. "Google?" He asked, looking around the room. The four Google units were on their feet, and scattered around a bit. Chase was sitting in the bed, his hat on his lap as he texted someone on his phone, and Anti was sitting on the air mattress with Jameson, who was writing furiously on a pad of paper.

One of the androids glitched, sending a ripple through the others, and Google Blue looked up. "Yes, doctor?"

"I couldn't seem to find that part online. Are you sure you-" Dr. Iplier began.

"The new power pack has been ordered." Google Red explained.

Anti giggled, his form glitching erratically as he grinned up at Dr. Iplier. "Why would YOU try to order robot parts, when they're literally built to be part personal shopper!"

"Anti, dude, calm down." Chase sighed, looking up over his phone. "The Googles aren't exactly working perfectly yet, and the doctor bros are just trying to help."

"Thanks Chase." Dr. Iplier smiled. "How are you feeling?"

Chase shrugged his shoulders. "A bit tired, bro, but I'm alright. You know?" He glanced down at his phone. "Missing home..."

"Jack better fucking come back for us or I'll make sure he's known as the black and blue Pewdiepie from now on." Anti growled.

Jameson shook his head, writing on the pad, "I appreciate how creative your threats are chap, but let's give Jack a good ol' break after all this, shall we?" He tapped Anti's arm, showing off the note pad, and Anti rolled his eyes, shrugging as he quieted down.

Meanwhile, Dr. Schneeplestein had made his way into Ward Three, to check on them. Bim Trimmer was seated in the arm chair, playing a game on his phone, while Ed Edgar was napping on one of the air mattresses. The doctor turned his attention to Jackieboy Man and the Silver Shepherd, who were sitting on the floor, playing a card game. "How are you feeling today?" He smiled.

"Better." Jackieboy sighed. "But I still feel weak..."

"You vill, for avhile." The good doctor nodded.

The Silver Shepherd shrugged. "Your hero cheats."

"Me?!" Jackieboy gasped, looking back at him. "You just played five eights in a row!"

Dr. Schneeplestein rolled his eyes. "Vhy play eights anyvay?"

"We're playing Crazy Eights!" Jackieboy grunted.

The Silver Shepherd only shrugged again. "It's not MY fault there was an extra eight in the deck."

Jackieboy shook his head, narrowing his eyes at him. "Just because I'm a hero, doesn't mean I'm a push over. I know you snuck it in there!"