The Road to Recovery

Jack sipped at his coffee, watching Mark basically chugging his. When he set the mug down, Mark sighed. "We should play Surgeon Simulator. The co-op mode. We can do two surgeries, and upload the videos at the same time-"

"How does that help Marvin?" Jack sighed, taking another drink of his coffee.

"Marvin's still safe for now Sean... we need the doctors back. I know Dark and Anti are actually trying, but the doctors are going to be a bigger help, and you know it." He pointed out, smiling as Amy set plates of food in front of them. "Thanks Amy."

Amy nodded. "Just trying to keep you alive." She teased, as she turned to make herself a plate.

Jack chuckled. "We appreciate it." He smiled, starting to push food around on his plate with a fork, before looking up at Mark with a sigh. "I know you're right... I'm just worried about Marvin."

"Let's get the doctors back, and in the mean time, think of a game about magic, huh?" Mark smiled. "Come on, it'll be fun."

"You're talking about playing Surgeon Simulator..." Jack laughed. "It's not going to be fun." He smirked, before finally starting to eat.

"Is that a yes?" Mark grinned, waiting until Jack nodded before he finally started to eat as well.

They got started when they finished eating, and did the videos in character, playing out two of the surgeries as Dr. Schneeplestein and Dr. Iplier cooperating, in full doctor garb, and with Dr. Schneeplestein's signature accent. Though they slipped in and out of character as they got frustrated with the game at times. They edited them as quickly as possible, and uploaded them at the same time, knowing that they were going to face a slurry of confusion from both communities, and Jack was going to get a lot more questions from Robin.

Though what Mark hadn't counted on was the text from Darkiplier he got as soon as the video went live. 'I told you Bingiplier.'

Mark sighed, sitting on the couch as Chica laid her head in his lap. 'We need the doctors back. We're trying.', was all Mark bothered to send in return.

Dark didn't exactly agree with Mark's choices, but he made his way into the office to check on the doctors, regardless. "Dr. Iplier?" He asked, placing his hands behind his back.

Dr. Iplier slowly opened his eyes, yawning slightly. "Darkiplier?"

"Mark has uploaded a video... I would think you should start to feel better soon." Dark explained simply, before he turned and left, heading back to check on the sick ward.

Dr. Iplier stared at the doorway Dark had left through, for several minutes in confusion before finally pulling out his phone to see exactly what video Mark had uploaded. He smiled slightly as he started the video, taking note that Mark and Jack had collaborated on it. Pausing it, he slowly pulled himself to sit up in bed, thinking that maybe he felt better already. After a moment, he stood and slowly sauntered over to the other cot, shaking Dr. Schneeplestein. With a groan, the other doctor opened his eyes. "Let me die in peace."

Chuckling softly, Dr. Iplier leaned against the cot. "You're not dying."

"And you are not feeling yourself." Dr. Schneeplestein muttered.

"Not yet, maybe." Dr. Iplier shrugged, holding his phone out and hit play.

Dr. Schneeplestein pushed himself up on his elbow, watching the video. "Zhey're idiots." He mumbled. "But I appreciate ze gesture."

Dr. Iplier chuckled. "Yeah. At least we'll be able to start caring for our patients again soon, right?"

"OUR patients?" Dr. Schneeplestein huffed.

"I thought we were past this." Dr. Iplier rolled his eyes. "I miss five minutes ago when you were dying."

Dr. Schneeplestein smiled. "It's a very tvisted vorld vhen I find you vishing me death, a comforting zought." With a sigh, Dr. Iplier shrugs, sitting on the edge of the cot to watch the video with Dr. Schneeplestein. The good doctor sighed, shaking his head. "His German accent is so bad."

Narrowing his eyes, Dr. Iplier glanced at him. "You... you know that's exactly what you sound like, right?"

"Vhat? No... zat's not right." Dr. Schneeplestein muttered.

"Oh... but it is." Dr. Iplier chuckled. Dr. Schneeplestein quieted down after that, muttering to himself as they watched the rest of the video.

Back at Mark's house, he had just lead Jack to the recording room, with the promise of a solution for him. "It was something I played awhile ago... what the fuck was it called. It was a VR game..."

Jack suddenly perks up. "A VR game? Are you set up for that right now?"

"Yeah, yeah." Mark nods. "Left hand path!" He cries out suddenly, turning to Jack as Mark's own video began to play. "A game... about magic, for your magician."

Nodding slightly, Jack leaned on the back of the chair, looking at Mark's video. "I mean... it seems cool, and it would fit Marvin. I could put his mask in the background, make a few references... it could work."

Mark smiled, getting up and dug around in a drawer, before handing a VR headset to Jack. "Let's get you wired up then." He grinned.

While Jack was stumbling his way through learning the game, getting used to Mark's VR set up and not running into the man's office walls, Mark had found Amy in the living room and sat down, throwing an arm around her shoulders. "I'm sorry about all this..."

Amy sighed, leaning into him. "It's not like you can control it. You have to save them Mark... they've grown on me too, you know?" She smiled.

"What did I ever do to deserve you?" Mark grinned, kissing her cheek.

"You're pretty amazing yourself." Amy smiled, before they both hesitated, hearing Jack scream something that wasn't quite coherent through the wall. "Is he alright?"

Mark chuckled, shrugging. "I'm sure he's fine. He's pretty loud when he records." Amy nodded, hesitantly starting to relax again.

A few hours had passed since the Surgeon Simulator videos had gone up, and Dr. Iplier and Dr. Schneeplestein finally made their way into the sick ward, seeming a little tired at worst. Dr. Iplier smiled at Dark, who was sitting in a chair beside King's cot. "Thank you for the help Dark, we can take over patient care from here."

Anti just smirked. "That means I can go back to yelling at Marvin to get better, right?"

"Sometimes I zhink ve need to check your hearing." Dr. Schneeplestein shook his head. "Zat's not at all vhat vas said. You can still be helpful Anti, zhere's still a lot to do."

Rolling his eyes, Anti shrugged. "Fine... I guess. But I'm only playing nice until everyone's better."

"Zat's all anyone can really ask for." The good doctor shrugged, a bit surprised but relieved that Anti had giving in to cooperating so quickly.

With the doctor's return, a new life seemed to be breathed into the make shift hospital. They quickly began putting King on a better road to recovery, explaining that at this point, he was going to need a lot of physical recovery from being in bed so long, along with his mental recovery from the strange digital plague they had all faced. Most of the egos were going to need recovery, and the doctors quickly set to work, trying to train Dark and Anti how they could help.

The dark alters had just begun to think their time as nurse Dark and nurse Anti had ended, only to realize that their duties had only just begun.