Hospital Closure

Mark gently patted Dr. Iplier's shoulder as they looked over the empty beds in the sick ward. "It was going so well." The doctor sighed, holding his clip board close.

"You can't keep them here forever." Mark pointed out. "They're back to feeling themselves, and they all seem to be physically well again. You did your job."

"They respected me for once!" Dr. Iplier snapped.

"Vell, if it makes you feel better, you still have mine respect." Dr. Schneeplestein leaned in the door way, a slight smile on his face. "Jack says ve're just about ready to head for ze airport. Vere you going to let me go vizout saying ze goodbyes?"

Mark sighed. "He's about ready, huh? I guess I better go check in." He headed towards the door, shaking Dr. Schneeplestein's hand. "Thanks for all your hard work doc. Take it easy on him. He's sensitive."

"I am not sensitive." Dr. Iplier grumbled, crossing his arms. "I'm not worried about you dying, am I?"

Ignoring Dr. Iplier's rant, Dr. Schneeplestien nodded. "Goodbyes are never easy, yeah?"

Mark just smiled in response, and headed outside to meet up with Jack. Dr. Iplier cleared his throat. "Did you mean it?"

"Zat goodbyes are not easy? Yeah. I did." Dr. Schneeplestein shrugged.

"Not that." Dr. Iplier sighed, staring down at his clipboard. "That you respect me?"

Dr. Scheneeplestein rose an eyebrow. "Yeah. Of course. Zhere's not many doctahs who could keep up viz ze good dotcah here, yeah? You did pretty vell. I vas impressed." Dr. Iplier grinned, until Dr. Schneeplestein felt the moment getting too sappy, and cleared his throat. "Your drawing ability could use ze vork zough, yeah?"

"Hey!" Dr. Iplier turned his clipboard around, showing off a rather questionable truck. "I'd like to see YOU do better."

"I probably could... if I vasn't dying." Dr. Schneeplestein smirked.

Dr. Iplier chuckled, shaking his head. He dropped his clipboard on a near by bed and crossed the room, hugging the good doctor. "I'm gonna miss you Henrik. Even when it was bad, it was good."

Dr. Schneeplestein nodded, pulling his lips tight, trying to keep his face straight. He awkwardly patted Dr. Iplier's back before pulling out of the hug. "I vill miss you also." He nodded, quickly heading out of the room. Sighing, Dr. Iplier turned back to the empty room. Mark had dared to call HIM sensitive, when Dr. Schneeplestein was the one who couldn't handle goodbyes.

Outside, everyone was scattered around on the lawn, bags tossed here and there as they tried to organize. As soon as Jack caught sight of Mark, he rushed over, his expression twisted in concern. "Mark? Can I talk to you for a moment?"

"Uh... yeah." Mark shrugged. "Is everything alright Sean?"

"Yeah... yeah. Just... inside?" Jack shrugged, heading back into the house and up the stairs where he knew that no one was still lurking, Mark following along.

It left Amy in charge of the insanity outside. Luckily for her, everyone was a bit quiet and somber. Perhaps they were still recovering, or maybe they were all a little bit sad to be leaving the hospital, after being there together for so long.

Off to one side of the yard, the Silver Shepherd was trying to adjust Jackieboy Man's cape for him, while Bim Trimmer and Ed Edgar hovered near by. "It's fine." Jackieboy Man chuckled. "It gets tossed around by the wind all the time anyway."

"Being seen is half the reason to be a hero." The Silver Shepherd smirked. "Now just hold still, I've almost got it perfect."

"How happy are you, that you had a chance to meet him?" Bim smirked, giving a little wink to Jackieboy.