3 | Bite me

3 | Bite me

When I wake up in the morning, there's a huge spider staring me in the face, and dozens more crawling all over my pillow.

I roll my eyes. So they've decided to go old-fashioned and immature and play it this way, have they? Makes it easier for me, I guess. I gently take the spider in my hands, cupping it in my palm, and clamber out of bed to walk over to the window, where I unlatch the glass and let the spider scuttle down onto the outside sill. Poor spider. It must have been really scared, kidnapped by a bunch of bullying boys and dumped on a girl's pillow.

I return to my bed and do the same for the rest of the spiders- the boys have left around twenty. I just hope I didn't squash any in my sleep. When I'm done, I look at the clock.

Then I rub my eyes hard, and look again, eyes popping.

5:45 in the am? On a Sunday morning?

They are freaking kidding me.

Well, their stupid prank may not have worked in scaring me, but it certainly got me cranky alright, if that was their intention. Congratulations, boys. You have landed yourselves with a grumpy Eveline Walker on a Sunday morning. Say your last prayers.

I try to get back to sleep, but find that I just can't. Instead, I turn on the main light in my room and get changed- just old grey leggings and a baggy white top of Jamie's, as I don't bother dressing up for a day spent lazing around the house. Correction- I don't bother getting dressed up for anything, really. And wearing Jamie's shirts has sort of become a habit, now. Most girls would freak out over wearing their older brother's clothes on a daily basis, but it makes me feel closer to him somehow. The material still smells of the ton of aftershave he used to wear. I hated the stink when he was here. Now it's the best smell ever.

I stagger out of my room and down the stairs to the kitchen, needing coffee. I don't even like coffee that much, but I feel half-dead right now, and I my system needs the caffeine.

To my surprise, one of the boys is sat at the table- Francisco, the tall, skinny one with messy dirty-blonde hair and a face that is almost more beautiful than handsome. The only boys I've really got to know already are Harry and Ty, and I haven't had good experiences of either, so I'm wary around this one. He's sat at the table in the kitchen, drinking coffee, dressed in a white top and skinny jeans.

"Morning, Eveline Maria," he says with a grin that looks more than a little brazen to me. I'm tempted to stick out my tongue, but it seems to have died with the rest of my body. So I just flop down into my seat and rest my head in my hands.

"Not implying that all girls don't look beautiful in every form, but you look like you need some caffeine," Francisco says, getting to his feet, "I'll make you some. You look half-dead right now, dahling."

I lift my head. "Thanks...I think."

I'm too sleepy to think about why one of the McCartney boys is making me coffee. I just drop my head back into my hands and close my eyes.

The door bangs open and I know who it is without even looking up. Tyler's loud, self-satisfied voice travels across half the house, and almost succeeds in waking me. Almost.

"Morning, brother. Morning, Eveline," he says loudly, saying my name in a posh, plummy, stupid voice, making Francisco snigger, "You're up early- most girls I know won't get up before eleven on a weekend because they need every last minute of their beauty sleep. Didn't you sleep well, then? Any...disruptions?"

I lift my head, and smile serenely.

"Absolutely none at all. I slept perfectly well. Why are you asking? Didn't you sleep well? My mum makes the best sleep tea if you need it."