15 | Not your type

15 | Not your type

For a few seconds, there's only silence.

Then Ty stumbles forward suddenly, eyes bleary, and we all hurry to grab hold of him. Harry motions toward the door to the living-room, and we all half-drag-half-support him into the room, lowering him on the sofa.

"Someone get him some water," Harry says in a voice that isn't to be argued with. I'm glad of an excuse to leave the room- I think the brothers need some time to themselves, as a family. As much as I've grown to like the McCartney's, I'm not part of their family, as much as I'd like to be.

I enter the kitchen and run the tap, pouring cold water into a glass, and as it fills up I lean back against the wall and think about what has happened in the past day. It started to wonderfully- Julian and I friends, our fun at the park- and then Jace, coming in with his friends like a dark cloud. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore Jace- I did just kiss him yesterday- but his friends...well. They were absolute dicks. I don't get what he sees in them at all.

And then Julian going all weird on me- what the hell was that all about? Me being Jace's girlfriend doesn't mean I can't be Julian's friend- what have the two got to do with eachother? I still have to talk to Julian about that one.

And then, of course, Ty's epiphany- or has he known about himself for much longer?

I just don't get it. Ty has always been such a ladies' guy- ever since I first met him he's been flirting, messing around with the girls at school- and at that first party where Jace rescued me he kissed about a dozen girls-

But then, he would have to, if he didn't want to raise suspicion.

But why has he been so reluctant to come out for so long? He must know it wouldn't be a big deal- it's the 21st century, for god's sake. And surely his brothers would- will- accept him...wouldn't they? I can't see any of the McCartney's not supporting him.

Cold water splashes onto my wrist, and I realise I've allowed the glass to overflow. I dry my hand and re-enter the living-room, swallowing to wet my dry throat. Ty is still on the sofa, looking a little more here but still red-eyed and pale, and arranged around him are his brothers, solemn-eyed and serious. Even Bailey's here, sat on his bottom on the carpet with a fistful of lego-pieces, staring up at his brothers with wide eyes.

"Hey there, Bay," I say awkwardly, dithering in the doorway, unsure what to do. Ty's eyes flick towards me, and a small smile flickers on his mouth. I clear my throat and hand him his glass of water.

"Thanks," he says quietly, and I lower myself down on the carpet beside Bailey, crossing my legs. My eyes raise up to the McCartney brothers sat on the couch, and I offer a smile.

"Is everything alright?"

Caleb shrugs. "I don't know. As alright as it can be when your player brother has just told you he swings for the other team and has been hiding it for three years."

My eyes widen. Three years?

"Shut up, Cay," Tyger elbows him sharply, "Why do you have to be like this?"

"I'm not being like anything!" Caleb snaps, turning on his brother, "Don't you feel hurt? Hurt that Ty has been hiding his sexuality from us for three years?"

"You have no idea what it must have been like for him. Watch your words, twit," Frankie says harshly, glaring at his brother. Caleb throws up his hands in anger.

"Oh come on, you're all thinking the same thing!" he cries, "Don't give me this bullshit that everything's all dandelions and rainbows- I don't give a fuck that Ty is into dudes! I don't have a problem with Frankie, do I?"