1| Think About It

Trying to find the best of it
I'm always hung up on the risk
Don't overthink about it

American Authors, Think About It

♡ ────── ♡ ────── ♡

Piper's POV

I walk into the library and see Aunt Jade at the counter. "Hey, Piper!" She greets.

"Do you need any help?" I ask, looking at the stacks of books she needs to scan.

"No, that's okay, sweetheart." She says, smiling.

"Okay then! I'll be in the back." I say, waving.

I walk past the study room and see no one in there. I place myself on the couch and get out my personal computer. I pull up my blog and see the messages I need to answer.

Dear Mae,

I caught my boyfriend cheating on me with someone he was "just friends" with. When I confronted him, he said he was drunk and that it didn't mean anything. He said I was overreacting because it was just a meaningless kiss. Should I break up with him or give him another chance? We've been together for almost a year.

~C

Damn. If it were me, I would straight up break up with him. What if she doesn't want to? Well, she read the warning on my blog. I'm just telling people what I would do. But in the end, it's their choice.

Dear C,

I read this quote somewhere that said, "Alcohol will only make a person cheat if they've considered doing it while sober. Being drunk changes your behavior, not your morals."

I would break up with him. He's gaslighting you, and you deserve so much more than that prick. If you let this slide, he might repeat this behavior.

~Mae

After I post my entry, I continue to answer a few more. 45 minutes later, I heard the bell ring. Yay. I stand up and pack my things. I walk out of the room and say bye to my aunt.

I walk into my economics class and sit in my assigned seat. I take my notes out and wait for class to start. 10 minutes into the lesson, I heard whispers at the back.

"Sebastian and Allen, stop talking." The teacher says for like the fifth time this period.

A few moments later, the teacher notices them whispering again, and Allen says, "We're talking about the notes."

"I'm pretty sure the notes have nothing to do with what you did over the weekend. No one cares that you went to the gym." She says, rolling her eyes. They're horrible at whispering.

"Sebastian, I'm gonna need you to switch spots with..." She says, starting to look around the classroom.

"Hope." She says.

I frown and say, "It was nice sitting with you."

Hope pouts and says, "I'm gonna miss having a partner who will actually do work with me."