6| Pocket Full of Gold

All I need is a head full of hope
And a love and a home and a car and a loan
And I wish I had a pocket full of gold

American Authors, Pocket Full of Gold

♡ ────── ♡ ────── ♡

Piper's POV

It's Sunday morning, and I wake up to my phone ringing. I pick up without looking at the ID and mumble, "What the fuck do you want?"

"You're the one who said we need to practice for tomorrow." The caller says, sounding a lot like Sebastian. I check the caller ID and see it is actually Sebastian. Way to be an asshole.

"Sorry, I just woke up," I say, rubbing my eyes.

"I'd be annoyed waking up to me too." He teases.

"God, I feel bad for whoever marries you," I say, shaking my head. He chuckles, and I ask, "What time do you want to practice?"

"If you text me your address, I could pick you up at noon. We could get lunch." He says casually.

"Works for me. See you soon." I say, ending the call and sending him my address. Then I snuggle back into my sheets.

I set a timer for 30 minutes and promised myself I'd get ready super fast. It goes by too quickly, forcing me to get out of bed.

Outfit:

I grab my phone and see it's noon

I grab my phone and see it's noon. Wow, you weren't late. Congrats. I roll my eyes at my thoughts and walk down the stairs to wait for him. But then I hear Colette and my dad talking to someone who sounds like Sebastian.

I spot all of them in the kitchen and say, "Hey, guys."

"You better not let him get a bad grade on this presentation." My dad says seriously.

"If we get a bad grade, it definitely won't be on me," I say, looking at Sebastian.

"She's always insulting my intelligence," Sebastian says with a fake pout.

"I'm sorry you were partnered with my daughter. She's a handful at home. I don't know how you deal with her at school." My dad says.

"Dad!" I say, shocked.

"I don't understand how mom fell for you. She's way out of your league." I say, grabbing Sebastian's hand so we can leave.

"Don't have too much fun," Colette giggles.

"I hate you guys," I shouted before leaving the house.

"We love you too." My dad shouts back.

"If you wanted alone time with me, you could have just asked," Sebastian says, squeezing my hand.