8| No Love

But baby something's changed
We say don't worry
But I think we got to

American Authors, No Love

♡ ────── ♡ ────── ♡

Piper's POV

Before I leave for school, I find Colette in the living room. "Colette," I say to grab her attention.

"What do you want?" She asks, annoyed. Bitch.

"Happy Valentine's Day," I say, handing her her favorite chocolates.

"Oh, sorry. Happy Valentine's day!" She says, hugging me.

"Ivy spilled her drink in the kitchen but blamed it on me. So mom made me clean it up." She says, rolling her eyes.

"That sucks. I hope candy will help." I say, rubbing her back.

"I'll go get your chocolates!" She says, running up the stairs. How come you never get Ivy and Eli anything? They think they're too old to get candy. They don't even like trick or treating on Halloween.

Colette comes running down the stairs and hands me a heart-shaped box. "I made a card to go along with it because I got these new markers." She says, smiling.

"Thank you!" I say, crouching down to hug her.

"Okay, I have to go to school now," I say, standing up.

"See you later." She says, waving.

I grab my backpack and place the chocolate inside. Then I get in my car and head to school. I meet Valerie at her locker, and she says, "Happy Valentine's Day, P!"

"Happy Valentine's Day!" I say, handing her her favorite candy.

"You bought me Jolly Ranchers?" She says, hugging me.

"Of course. You hate all chocolate candy on Valentine's Day." I say, laughing.

"Something about this "holiday" makes me hate them once a year." She says, handing me a bag full of Kit Kats.

"Watch all of these disappear by the end of the day," Valerie says, eyeing her bag of Jolly Ranchers.

I laugh as she unwraps one blue raspberry Jolly Rancher. That's the best flavor, hands down.

"I have to go to class early. I didn't finish my homework." She says sheepishly.

"Good luck," I say, not surprised.

I turn around to head to class when I see Sebastian at his locker. I walk up to him and say, "Happy Valentine's Day!"

He excitedly smiles and says, "Happy Valentine's Day!"

"Have anything planned with your girl?" I ask, curious.

"She's not mine." He mumbles. "But I might ask her out today. We can plan something on the weekend, or she says no, and I move on with my life." I get this weird feeling in my stomach, but I ignore it. You're probably hungry since you didn't have breakfast.

"That's great!" I lie.

"I have no idea how to ask, though. Every time I think about asking, I start to get nervous. Then I sound like a loser." He says.

"That's easy. Pretend you're asking me." I say, shrugging.

"U-uh what?" He asks, starting to turn red.

"It'll help you not be as nervous," I say. "Try it."

"Okay... Piper?" He asks, avoiding eye contact.

"Yes?" I ask.

"Will you go out with me?" He asks, scratching his neck.

"See, that wasn't bad! I'm sure she'll say yes." I say. I hope she fucking doesn't. Piper!

"Ya, maybe." He says, smiling softly.

"Let's get to class. Don't want to be late." I say.

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

I'm working on an essay when Sebastian comes into the computer room. "What's up?" I ask while he sits beside me.

"Everyone's getting candy except me." He says with a pout.

I pull out the candy Colette got me and ask him, "Want one?"

He frowns and immediately asks, "Who'd you get that from?"

"My secret boyfriend," I say in a sarcastic tone.

"Who is he?" He asks in a low tone, not amused.

"I'm kidding. Colette got it for me." I say, handing him one of the chocolates.

He sits a little straighter and asks, "So, no Valentine for you this year?"

I roll my eyes and say, "Colette. We're each other's Valentine's every year. Not everyone has someone interested in them."

"I bet you'd be surprised." He says lightly.

"Fuck off, don't get my hopes up like that," I say, knowing what he said isn't true. "When you ask out your crush, you should give her some candy. Oh, and flowers." I add, reminding myself that Sebastian is off-limits. "I'm 90% sure you'll at least get one date," I say.

"What kind of flowers?" He asks seriously.

"Roses? Most girls like those." I say, shrugging.

"Do you... like roses?" He asks.

"I'm more of a tulips girl," I say. "But in movies, girls usually get roses," I say.

"Got it." He says, nodding.

"You ready for that calculus test?" I ask, looking at his notes on the table.

He nods and says, "I'm getting the answers right the first time, so I have a little confidence."

"And you aren't failing the class!" I say with a grin.

"Couldn't have done it without you." He says softly. Soon the bell rings, and it's finally the last class of the week.

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

I get into bed and turn on my tv. I decide on a random Disney movie as background noise and grab my phone. I see I got a text and opened it.

Sebastian:

I got an 89%!

I'm so proud of you! 🤗

Thank you for all the hours of tutoring

No problem

See you tomorrow?

Can't wait 😐

Feeling the love on Valentine's Day 💔

<~~~~~~~~~~>

Thank you for reading! 😘

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Please vote and comment if you liked it! 😉

Byeeeeeeeeee!👋