13| Bring It On Home

Home, home is where the heart is
Love is where you'll find it

American Authors, Bring It On Home

♡ ────── ♡ ────── ♡

Piper's POV

Sebastian and I arrive at the cafe, and I put on my apron. Since there aren't any customers, I sit beside Sebastian at a booth.

He glances down at my neck and grins. "What?" I ask.

"I see you tried covering my mark." He says, laughing.

"What is it with you and hickeys?" I asked, rolling my eyes. Don't act like you don't enjoy them. Shut up.

"I just love seeing your reactions. We both know you like them deep down." He says with a smirk.

"Lies," I mumble before pecking his lips.

He leans in and brushes his lips on mine. I smile against his lips, and he squeezes my hand. I quickly push him away when I hear someone walking.

I turn around and see my dad. "Hey, dad..." I say awkwardly.

"Sebastian, can I talk to you for a second?" He asks in a stern voice.

"Wait-" I say, cut off by Sebastian getting out of the booth.

"Sure." He answers calmly.

My dad leads him into the office, and I hear him close the door. How could you forget to tell your family oh, we're dating someone? Well, I thought everyone knew already. I'm pretty sure my siblings saw it coming. And your parents? They're not stupid. It's obvious.

A few minutes later, I see Sebastian come out with a frown. What did he say to him?

"What happened?" I ask when he sits beside me.

"Your dad doesn't think we should be dating..." He says sadly.

"Why?" I ask, starting to get emotional.

"He said I should break up with you..." He says.

"What?" I ask in shock. "That's not happening."

"He thinks it's best-" I cut him off by stomping to my dad.

"Dad!" I exclaim with a glare directed at his office.

"It's a prank!" Sebastian yells with a laugh.

I freeze and turn to him. "I hate you guys!" I yell, making sure my dad can hear.

I hear my dad laughing from his office and roll my eyes. "Your mom and I think it's great you found someone. We thought you would be single forever." He says, coming out of his office.

"Being single wasn't that bad," I say.

"Having the love of your life is the best thing in the world, though." My dad says immediately.

"You'd rather be single?" Sebastian asks, confused.

"No!" I say automatically. "You're the best boyfriend ever. I just didn't think I'd get to experience it."

"Get used to it, babe." He says with a smug expression.

"Just because everyone approves of this relationship doesn't mean you can just make out while working." My dad shouts.

"There's no one here! And mom said that's all you guys did!" I shout back.

I hear no response back and smirk. I turn back to Sebastian and lean down to kiss him. "I love my job. I basically get paid to hang out with you." I tease.