The Face Off

Tomorrow is my birthday I'll be thirty-one typically I would be excited to celebrate but not this year with all of the stress I have right now I'm not feeling it. I'm just over two months pregnant and I haven't said anything to Mel. I'm honestly preparing myself to be a single mother Rome has made it very clear that he wants a divorce and if Mel my child's father it'll cause chaos for the entire family. For the past few weeks Rome has been living with his parents and has pretty much moved all of his stuff out.

About an hour ago Rome texted me and asked if he could come over to talk about things just to make sure that we're on the same page I agreed. Before he comes over I need to get a shower and do my makeup. The past few weeks I've looked thrown away going through morning sickness has me with an I don't care attitude. This is a situation where I can at least look decent for Rome.

Before getting in the shower I grabbed a plain white T-shirt and distressed jeans.

                                                ( Letting the water warm up)

As I sit here on the edge of my bed my mind is scattered. I'm excited to see Rome but I'm not looking forward to this conversation. Just as I'm about to into the shower my text message alert goes off.

"I'm outside I have to see and you talk to you Naomi I miss you but we have to stop seeing each other Rome uncovered everything," Mel's text message read.

"Oh shit," I said aloud as I ran downstairs and outside to the driveway.

"Mel you can't just show up to my house Rome and I are separated right now due to this situation," I said in a whisper while running up to Mel's car.

"I know Gloria told me about it," Mel replied casually.

"He on his way over here as we speak but I have something to tell you I'm not sure how to tell you," I said frantically as my heart began pounding.

"Okay, what is it? What do have to tell me?" Mel inquired as he started his car.

"There's no easy way to put this but I'm pregnant and you may be the father," I blurted out while staring at the ground.

                                                             (Rome pulls up)

"Lord please don't let Rome kill us right now because I had nothing to do with Mel showing up here," I prayed as I slowly stepped away from the car.

To add to my fears Rome got out of the car a little too calm so I tried to ease back into the house.

"Nah Nae don't run bring your ass here," Rome demanded as he walked up to the driveway.

Without saying a word I complied.

"Why is Mel here when I'm not here Nae? Mel me putting that .45 to the back of your head didn't shake your soul enough huh?" Rome asked as he lit his Swisher Sweat Cigarillo.

"What when did this happen?" I inquired. "A few weeks ago when I found your nasty ass pictures in his phone and he saved your number saved as"Nick" Rome responded quickly.

"I'm going to say this and leave it Mel you're brave as hell for coming by my house after everything that has happened do you know that Nae might be pregnant with your baby hell the child might be your grandchild I don't know," Rome said sarcastically.

"I'm going home can you let me out?" Mel asked calmly.

Without another word, Rome got into his car to let Mel out the driveway. Once Rome and I were back inside the awkwardness made me so uncomfortable suddenly Rome spoke.

"So tomorrow your birthday are you going to celebrate?" Rome asked as he grabbed a bottle of water from the refrigerator.

"Probably not I'm not feeling well," I replied while laying on the couch.

"By the way, I'm going to stay here tonight because I don't feel like paying for a hotel room.

"Okay cool," I smiled while hiding my confusion.

Suddenly Rome gets up to take a shower leaving his phone on the coffee table. I decided to watch Vh1 to take my mind off of the drama going on in my own life. As I'm soaking up the drama from Love & Hip-Hop Atlanta I notice Rome's phone is lit up so I decided to peep.

The message is from Leilani.

I held the notification down to peep at it so Rome wouldn't know that I opened it.

"Bae I can't wait until your divorce is finalized honestly I've always felt like I was the better woman for you," Lei's text message read.

OMG, I knew about Rome cheating but he could never bring himself to reveal who he had cheated on me with. I'm just going to sit back and let everything unfold.

©️2019 All Rights Reserved.