Life or Death

Knock, knock, knock!

"Housekeeping," I announced for the third time.

There was no reply I slowly entered the room.

"Oh my God somebody call 911 now the occupant in room 220 is hurt and is gasping for air," I yelled to my co-worker.

(Co-worker calls 911)

"Hello, what's your emergency?" The dispatcher asked calmly.

"We need an ambulance at the Ritz Carlton room 220 a man has been hurt," I yelled into the phone.

"Ma'am stay calm is he still breathing? Does he have a pulse?" The dispatcher inquired patiently.

"Barely OMG please don't die hang on," I pleaded with the unknown man.

"An ambulance is on its way," The dispatcher reassured me.

"What's this man's name?" I asked the receptionist.

The receptionist ran to the front to look into the system seconds later she returned... the room was rent to Naomi Grady and Coy Johnson.

"Where's is the other occupant my God she needs to be found I hope she's okay," I responded totally dumbfounded.

The ambulance finally arrived and to everyone's amazement after working feverishly the paramedics were able to get faint vital signs on Coy before getting him to Gatson Memorial Hospital.

"Sydnee have a seat I'm going to have someone take you to the hospital so you can get something to calm you down," The hotel manager said with concern.

"I'll be okay I'm just blown away by this and I pray that Coy survives and the lady is found safely," I replied as my heart shattered.

(At the hospital)

"He has flatlined we cannot let this young man die," The lead-ER doctor said with urgency as he shocked Coy's heart one last time.

After working tirelessly Coy's vital signs were stable enough for him to be rushed into surgery.

(10 hours later)

Gucci's voice

"Coy miraculously survives the risky surgery he sustained two life-threatening wounds. One of the bullets was only an inch from his heart and the second bullet will cause him to lose his right eye. His eye can be replaced but we can never replace his life he has a long road to recovery but I'm hopeful," The doctor said with optimism.

"Thank you and your team for saving my brother's life," I said as I gave the doctor a firm handshake.

"All Glory to God because most people don't survive injuries this serious do you have any questions?" The doctor asked before leaving the room.

"You're absolutely right but no sir thank you again," I said as my stress level began to decrease.

There's one very important person to my brother that's not in this damn Naomi! I hope she's safe but if I find out her ass may have had something to do with Coy being shot I'm going to make sure I shake her ass up myself! I'll never leave Mia motherless due to the fact that I love her like she's my niece. But if that hoe and suspected attempted murderer Nae is behind this I'm going to make sure she's never able to come back to Florida again and that's on my last breath!

"Nae bitch you're going to pay you may run but I promise you can't hide! I got eyes everywhere trust me!" I said to myself as I sat by my brother's bedside with tears filling my eyes.

©️2019 All Rights Reserved.