Hidden Skeletons

"I can't believe you went against the grain you told Kenai where Mia and I are! How could you it's supposed to be death before dishonor right? Especially, when it comes to the well-being of your children, " Naomi yelled as she stood at the end of my bed.
"Nae baby wait let me explain please, " I begged as I woke up to my child pointing a knife at my chest.
"Kenai had enough balls to approach me while I was out at the grocery store with Mia and he made it clear that he would have killed me if my child wasn't with me! Have you lost the sense that God has given you?" Naomi inquired with rage in her eyes.
"I would have laid my life down for you! Now if I push this knife into your chest it'll shorten my life right? Crazy! But before I take your life, my baby, and I will leave I assure you that you'll never see us again, " Naomi declared before dropping the knife and leaving the room.

Beep, beep, beep!

I woke up in cold sweat immediately jumping out of bed to get ready for work. I can't believe that I cheated on Dalvin with a man who is so much younger shit I'm blown away by the fact that I cheated at all. If our church family finds out that I've carried on an extramarital affair with the same man that my daughter had to kill to save the life of my former son-in-law's I'll have to leave town. My reason for giving up Nae and Mia's whereabouts was to save my life, as a matter of fact, the night that I blew Nae's cover Dalvin was out of town on business. I was coming back from a date with friends and as I was putting my key into my door Kenai stuck up behind and forced me inside and violated me! I've never spoken of my rape to anyone because Kenai said he'll kill us both before he goes to prison! Not to mention the unbelievable amount of shame that I feel. To numb my agony alcohol and pills have secretly become my medicine of choice!

Truthfully being raped by Kenai isn't my first time being hurt in that way. The first man other than God that every girl is supposed to fall in love with stripped me of my innocence beginning when I was only ten and it finally ended when the monster that I knew as my father died the day after my sweet sixteen birthday party.

*** Words of Love!***

Never conceal pain this deep and tragic! Doing so will scar you worse than the experience itself! Trust me, I know! Remember,  you are not to blame for the experience God allows no bad deed to go unpunished! If anyone has experienced rape guess what? So have I!! The pain and scar from the violation never leaves you but God's Grace and Mercy will confort and sustain you!

Love,

LaTikia 🙏🏾❤️😍🥰😘

©️2019 All Rights Reserved.