9

"You mean to tell me that Adrien got in a fight with a boy at school?" Gabriel Agreste turned to his son with great disappointment.

"Yes!" Chloe exclaimed proudly as she laughed to herself. Then she remembered the reason why Adrien had done it and stopped smiling.

Nathaniel was going to ask Marinette out. Adrien kind of did me a favor because I like Nathaniel and I can't let him ask Marinette out.

"Adrien, you know the consequences of you getting in a fight," Emilia Agreste spoke.

"Yeah, yeah, I know." Adrien said as he went upstairs. He threw himself on his bed and thought about what Lila had said.

"What do you mean you know how?"

"It's simple, really. All you have to do is be in a relationship with me. If she sees that we're getting along very well, then don't you think shell be at least the slightest jealous?"

"I don't think so. Marinette can't get jealous over that."

"Maybe she will, Adrien. In fact maybe, she might even attack me because she hates how I'm in a relationship with you."

"Why you? Why do I have to be in a relationship with you, even if it's just fake? Remember Lila, I don't like you, so stop acting like I do."

"I know you don't. I'm just trying to help. I mean, Marinette seems to hate you pretty bad now."

"Exactly. And if she does get jealous, she might hate me more. I'll think about this offer, but if I'm going to do it, I'm not doing it with you."

"Why not?! I came up with the idea!"

"Because I know you only asked me to do this so that if we are in a relationship, even if it's fake, you're gonna go telling everyone, taking advantage of the plan. Plus I don't want to be in a relationship with you, so no thanks."

"Adrien, you are one stubborn boy, but let me just tell you this. Marinette will never like you. You know the kind of girl she is. You think she's gonna ever take interest? Well, you need to move on."

"Even if I do move on, at least, it wouldn't be you. Thanks a lot for the discouragement!"

"Adrien, I didn't mean it like..."

"Get out of here!"

He sighed as he rolled over on his bed. Who was he kidding? Marinette was never going to like him. After all he was just a friend...

-

"Wat happened?!"

Marinette sighed as she looked up at her father. "What do you mean?"

"I could hear you and Adrien arguing from in here!" Her father hollered. "Something about liking each other?"

"It's nothing. Adrien was just talking nonsense," Marinette tried to shake off what he told her. Like him? He's only my friend!

"Anyway, your mother has another thing to talk to you about," Mr. Dupain-Cheng told her as she sat walked upstairs. "She's in her room!"

Marinette nodded and stepped inside the room that belonged to her parents. Her mom was sitting on the bed when she walked in.

"Ah, Marinette you're here. Come in, come in," she quickly welcomed her inside.

"What did you want to talk about?" Marinette insisted she stand up, but her mother pulled her to sit down on the bed next to her.

"Marinette, you're a big girl now. Old enough to get a boyfriend, you know."

"What?!" Marinette spit out as she moved back. "What are you talking about?"

"I've set you up on a blind date tonight. I want to see what you think of the boy I set you up with. He'll also come with his family tomorrow for a huge family dinner," her mother said excitedly. "Oh, and I also prepared you..."

"I'm not going!"

Her mother stopped. "What was that, Marinette Dupain-Cheng?!"

"I said I'm not going! I don't want you to set me up in blind dates! Mom, you know perfectly well that I don't like blind dates!"

"Yes, but if I left you like this, you would never think of finding a boyfriend. Come on, Marinette. Give it a try?"

"No!" Marinette stepped out of the room. "I don't want to go, and you can't force me."

"Marinette, I am your mother. Listen to me!"

"No!" Marinette yelled out again as she ran down the stairs. She walked outside, slamming the door.

Just leave me alone!

- Edited -