25

"But I'm telling you!" Marinette said like the third time as she slammed her fist on the desk of the principals. "I didn't steal her stuff!"

"Marinette, there's proof," The principal exclaimed. "How can Lila be pretending? She literally ran off, crying."

"So, her cries could be all fake!" Marinette glared.

"Marinette, I get that you think that you're all mighty and stuff, but that's no reason to put other students down."

"What?!" Marinette yelled. "This is nonsense! I didn't do anything. How can you believe her just because she was crying. This is unfair!"

"Marinette-"

"That's it! If this school is going to be like this, then I'm leaving. You won't even put an investigation or something?" Marinette exclaimed. "You won't even try to see who actually did that?! No! Instead you come and blame me!"

"Marinette, fine, I'll see what I can do."

"Good!" Marinette huffed and exited the office. Outside Adrien was waiting for her.

"Are you okay?" He had heard their voices, after all Marinette was being loud.

"No, I'm not," Marinette said truthfully. "I've never hated Lila more in my life. This is absolutely crazy and unfair!"

"Don't worry," Adrien gave her a pat on her shoulder. "I don't think you did it. And I'm not saying that just because you're my, well, friend. I'm saying it because I really mean it. You're not the kind of girl to do these things to others."

"Thank you," Marinette smiled, again feeling more safer around Adrien. "But what are my parents going to think of this? They'll be disappointed in me."

"Marinette, if they were great parents, they would believe you," Adrien pulled her closer to him without meaning it. He was now basically hugging her with one arm.

"I don't really want to go home now. Can I go over to your place?"

"Of course. You're more than welcome to come over," Adrien smiled. "Here, let's go now. Besides there's only like, an hour left of school."

"Okay," Marinette shrugged and followed him. She didn't think about what her parents were going to feel when they hear that she had gotten in trouble, or hear that she was skipping class.

No, instead she followed Adrien out of school.

-------

"Hey Marinette. So this is where you've been, huh," Chloe chuckled, seeing Marinette on Adrien's bed. "Whew, finally school is out for the day and tomorrow there's no school."

"Yeah, I've been here. I just didn't really want to stay in school, or go home." Marinette sighed as she wrapped the blanket around her.

"I heard what happened, and I totally believe you Marinette," Chloe huffed as she sat down at the corner of the bed. "It's probably one of Lila's dirty trick. She's just trying to get you into trouble."

"I know."

"She was probably planning it with Nathaniel! They probably wanted Adrien to hate you so they did that! I can't believe I fell for such a jerk!"

"I know."

Adrien then walked in. "Hey Chloe. Marinette, I made some snacks."

"You?" Chloe raised her eyebrows. "Wow, I never knew my brother could be such a gentleman." Adrien rolled her eyes.

"Thanks," Marinette as she took a cookie.

"Marinette, you're such a lucky girl," Chloe winked. "You may say you don't like him now." She stood up and started leaving. "But I know you'll fall for him soon."

Actually... Marinette looked down. I may have already fallen for him...

- Edited -