19

Was that real?

It was the next day, after the big Valentines Day Party. It had went so smoothly, even better than he had expected.

He didn't expect Marinette to let him kiss her. He didn't expect she would say yes.

But was it real? Or was it all part of the fake dating they were having?

Adrien sighed as he fell down on his bed. Emilie then came inside.

"Is Chloe still in her room?" She asked.

Adrien nodded. After Chloe had gotten rejected for like, the second time, she completely gave up.

She locked herself in her room, crying her eyes out. She wouldn't let anyone in to comfort her, instead she would exclaim that she deserved this all.

This made Adrien hate Nathaniel more. He was nothing but a jerk. Why go out with a girl when you already like another? To make your crush jealous?!

Adrien groaned, completely bored. What was going to be his next plan in making Marinette fall for him? Or had she already fallen for him?

Impossible...

--

"Marinette, I hope you had fun at the party," Sabine smiled at her daughter.  She had been one of the people that helped get the party together,  and she was quite proud of the success.

"Yeah, it was great," Marinette smiled back. She still had no idea why she didn't hate Adrien for kissing her. In fact she had allowed it.

"Great." Sabine was not going to tell her daughter that she had seen her with Adrien. She just laughed to herself at how well she and Adrien were doing.

"Alright, I'm going out," Marinette started walking to the door. It's completely boring in here.

"Make sure you come back early though," Sabine waved. "You've got a photo shoot to do any way."

Marinette rolled her eyes. She hated photoshoots. Why did they need so many pictures of her anyway? To paste it around for the world to see?

She left the Mansion and started walking, not sure where she should walk to.

Yet she still couldn't get that picture off her mind. How that party had went, how many times she blushed, having Adrien to kiss her.

She...enjoyed them.

"Hey Marinette, where are you heading off to?" Chloe made her way up to her with a huge smile.

"Uh... I'm not sure," Marinette shrugged. Seeing Chloe's face made it obvious that she had been crying. "Are you okay?"

"No, not really," Chloe replied, looking down. As much as she wanted to blame Marinette for getting Nathaniel to like her, she knew it wasn't the bluenette's fault. Just like it wasn't her fault that her brother had fallen for her as well. And who wouldn't? "Had to sneek off from home."

Marinette had already known what had happened, after all Lila had mentioned Chloe running out when Nathaniel came up to them at the party.

"I'm sorry, Chloe. If Nathaniel doesn't like you, then he's a blind jerk," She gave the blonde a small smile.

It not about him liking me... It's about him having a crush on you! Chloe sighed. He probably likes me, but it's going to be hard to get him to stop having feelings for you, which I really hate. I thought you and Adrien being in a relationship would help, but... I think it made things worse.

There was silence for a while. No one spoke as they continued walking. Soon they found themselves in front of the ice cream shop, and decided to get some.

"You're not so bad to hang out with, Chloe." Marinette had always thought of her as a girl that got jealous so soon, and liked to deal with things in her own way in the worst way possible. She thought Chloe was the kind who did whatever it took to get what she wanted. And that was the reason she had hated the blonde. But she had obviously been so wrong. Chloe had problems too,  like Nathaniel, and she hated herself for having boys falling for her.

It had always been like this since she was young. She was always called pretty,  beautiful,  and all those stuff. She got too many attentions from boys that liked her, and too many attentions from girls that would want to hang out and be her best friend.

Only Chloe and Lila would sit at the back, staring at her in disgust,  as if what she was doing was a sin. Even no matter how much she exclaimed she had no feelings for any of those boy,  girls would always treat her as the kind of girl that got to boys with her looks.

"Listen," Chloe looked up at her, her ice cream slowly melting. "You don't have to act so nice."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Marinette frowned. She too had forgotten about the ice cream that she was holding as it melted out of its cone.

"I know how much you hate me," Chloe began. "Honestly, I thought you were something else. I didn't think you would be this nice, considering that you paid for these ice creams." She looked down at the ice cream and licked it to prevent it from dripping any more.

"I still don't get what you're trying to say."

"I mean to say, don't act so nice because I know how much you hate me. You can be mean, you can get me back for what I did to you,  and I won't fight back. You can get your revenge."

"But I don't want to," Marinette smiled. "I want us to be friends, and not fight anymore like we used to."

Marinette wasn't about to take it. Yes, she said to Chloe to become friends, but she didn't completely trust Chloe. If anything, Chloe could be pretending to be her friend just to get back at her. And she was ready.

She had gotten the plan on what to do if Chloe ever did go against her. But for now, she was going to put just a tiny trust in the blonde and see how this goes.

---

Lila was walking around. Bored. Didn't know what to do.

She then stopped when she saw Chloe and Marinette laughing at something she did not know of.

So they become friends, huh?  So Chloe has totally forgotten about me, and decided to go on Marinette's team.

Well that's fine...

Two against one?  Not a problem!

- Edited -