17

(Valentine's Day Special)

"Ah, we're finally here," Adrien looked around. "So, how are you feeling so far?"

"I don't know. I don't really like to go out to parties, no matter if it's just a school dance party," Marinette unlinked her arm from Adrien's and started walking to the foods table.

"I promise you, you're going to have fun," Adrien said as he followed her. "Think of this as our...first real date."

"Real what?" Marinette looked back at him with a frown.

"Yes, I said that," Adrien scratched his head. "But I didn't ask you out on a fake date. I want this to be a real one."

I don't get it. Why is my heart thumping so fast and loud. I can't possibly be...

"Fine!"

"Really?" Adrien smiled.

I do admit, he kinds looks pretty cute right now... Wait, Marinette, SNAP OUT IT!!

"Let's dance?" Adrien suggested, holding out his arm.

"Let's dance." Marinette took it.

Though as she followed Adrien to the dance floor, she knew someone had his eyes on them. She turned to see Nathaniel, looking at them with such hatred on his face, and Chloe trying to get his attention.

That's not fair. How can Chloe possibly deal with him?! Chloe is nothing but a distraction, which I really hate. Somehow I really feel bad for her.

"Nathaniel, is there anything the matter?" Chloe asked. She followed where his eyes were looking at, and gritted her teeth to see that his eyes were on Marinette, who was ready to start dancing with Adrien.

"You don't still like her, right?" She spoke in a tiny voice.

Nathaniel looked over at her. "You don't stop liking someone so easily."

"So then why did you agree to go with me??..." Chloe yelled. "...If you were obviously going to have your eyes on some other girl?!..."

"Chloe, don't be such a drama queen. I only accepted you so I wouldn't go alone, since I already knew Marinette was going with Adrien."

"YOU'RE NOT GOING TO BREAK THEM UP!!" Chloe didn't care if her voice was too loud. She was furious, not only at Marinette, but at Nathaniel.

Marinette was right. He was only using her. She was nothing but a distraction to him. It wasn't Marinette's fault Nathaniel liked her. She just was afraid to admit it.

"What do you mean by that?" Nathaniel chuckled, "that I'm not going to break them up."

"Marinette and my brother are going strong. And besides, there's no way I'm going to allow you to try and do such a thing," Chloe said once more. "You're a jerk!"

---

Lila walked inside, seeing Chloe walking away from Nathaniel in such anger.

She had been late, not really sure whether she wanted to go or not, but finally decided to.

Chloe ran past her in full anger this time, leaving Lila wondering why.

She watched as Nathaniel stared at her for a bit, and then he started walking towards a certain someone.

---

"I never knew you were such a good dancer."

Marinette rolled her eyes. "I stepped on your foot five times, almost tripped two times, and bumped into someone else eight times. How does that make me a good dancer?"

"You're right," Adrien shook his head. "You're a terrible dancer. Is that the reason you don't come to parties? Because you're bad at dancing?"

Marinette watched as he grabbed a bottle of water. "No. I just think they're boring, and I'm not really the party type."

Adrien nodded in understanding. "Say, why don't we do a little something."

"What?"

"How about this," he opened the bottle and took a sip. "If I make you blush, I earn a kiss."

"What?!"

Adrien repeated himself. "Come on, just a little fun to lighten the mood."

"That's not fun," Marinette looked away.

"In return of something," he finally said. "If I don't make you blush, I won't kiss you. Easy. All you have to do is contain yourself around me."

"Fine!"

Realizing what she had just said, she clamped her hands over her mouth. "I mean-"

"Alright, it's on!"

"Hey you two."

Adrien and Marinette looked up to see Nathaniel. Adrien dropped the bottle and clenched his fist.

"Chill, I don't want to fight." Nathaniel chuckled at Adrien's reaction.

"I just want to talk to Marinette..."

- Edited -