27

Gosh I have to warn Marinette and Adrien...

Chloe ran towards her bakery. But maybe tell Adrien first and have him tell Marinette then.

She entered the bakery and called for Adrien's name. Adrien came down stairs.

"Yes?"

"I... I have to talk to you!"

"You already are."

Chloe rolled her eyes. "Listen, this is important. I feel like Marinette is in danger. I talked with Lila today and she said that she was going to do something that wasn't going to be so pretty." Chloe gulped and took a deep breath.

"That brat!" Adrien huffed. He got out his phone and dialed Marinette's number.

Chloe folded her arms. "Yeah, you're welcome!"

"Sorry, and thanks." Adrien didn't look all that frightened though. "Listen, Marinette is a tough girl. I'm sure she can take care of Lila. But I'm going to warn her anyways."

Chloe stopped. "Adrien," She spoke so low. Then she walked up to her brother and glared at him. "You say Marinette can be able to take care of herself?! Adrien, I literally just told you that you were gonna be her hero, and now you want her to save herself?!"

"Of Chloe, I didn't mean it like that. I just-"

"You just nothing!" Chloe yelled. "Give me that phone! I may be on your side now, but that doesn't mean I'm going any easy on you!" She chargee and grabbed the phone. "Oh yes, Marinette. Yeah, this is Chloe."

Adrien watched as Chloe made the call with Marinette instead of him
Then he chuckled. His sister was sure something.

------

Oh... Chloe dialed her number even with her hands shaking. Why... Why didn't she come to school?! Why didn't Lila come to school?! Why didn't Marinette come to school?! Why didn't they come to school?!

"Oh.. Oh Chloe, I'm so glad you called."

Chloe's eyes grew wider, realizing that it wasn't Marinette that had picked up.

"Mrs. Dupain-Cheng, is everything okay?" Chloe couldn't help but ask. But what if it's just a coincidence? What if Marinette was sick and didn't want to come to school? I mean she had a fight with Lila the other day. And what if Lila didn't come to school because of that as well. Yeah, that could be it. Of course nothing happened to Marinette!

"Chloe, I went to Marinette's room, and she wasn't in there."

Even though she knew she should have listened more, she dropped the phone in shock.

-------------

Where is that pathetic excuse of a sister?! She was the one that said we were going to help Marinette, now she doesn't even show up?!

Adrien glanced at his wristwatch. Doesn't she know that Marinette is in trouble! *Huff* whatever. I'll just do this myself.

Adrien looked back at where Lila had taken Marinette. He didn't know Lila had the guts to do this, and it made him even more furious.

He started walking towards where they had went. He hoped Lila hadn't done something already, but then again, they just got here and there was no screaming.

I just hope I'm not too late. Oh wait. I have a better idea.

He smirked, seeing as Lila's helper was guarding the entrance so no one would come in and see them.

Adrien ran towards the helper. Why was he even standing there with no weapon or something?

Well he's pretty stupid. That is if it is even a he...

"Hey! Stop there!" The person ran towards him. Adrien was sure it was male, hearing the voice, so he decided it wouldn't hurt to throw a punch.

There the guy was, laying helplessly on the ground. Adrien grabbed his mask and put it on, pretending he was the helper now.

------------

"Really?" Marinette asked in surprise. "You really have the guts to kidnap the Mayor's daughter?!"

Lila chuckled. "Marinette, I didn't kidnap you. I just brought you over here to teach you a lesson."

"Lila, you dummy. That's basically kidnapping," Marinette rolled her eyes. "But I'm quite curious, as to what you've got in store for me."

"Oh Marinette," Lila laughed as she pulled out... A whip??!!!

Marinette glared at her. "That's the lesson you planned for me?? To whip me to death."

"Maybe not to death, because that would make me a murderer," Lila huffed. "But yes, seeing you in pain satisfies me!"

Lila raised the whip and was about to hit it against Marinette when a voice sounded.

Lila being angry as she got interrupted, looked up. "Ugh! Terry, I told you to wait at the entrance and let me do my job!"

The guy stopped closer to Lila, and then he suddenly clamped his hands against her mouth.

"What... What are you doing?!" But her words came out all muffled.

"Doing what's right!" Adrien huffed. "I can't believe you would do this, Lila!"

Lila and Marinette realized the voice too quickly.

"Adrien, no, it's not what it looks like!" Lila yelled when Adrien finally let go of her.

"So, you accidentally brought Marinette here and you accidentally told her that you were going to beat her?" Adrien rolled his eyes. "Yeah, sure."

"No, I... Marinette started it!" Lila yelled again. "You know she sold my stuff. You were there too, Adrien."

"Yeah, I was. I was there to witness a liar!"

Lila sighed. "I'm so glad you're on my side.. Marinette is a liar, isn't she?"

"What?" Adrien frowned. "I was talking about you! You're the liar, Lila. You're also a sick brat. Marinette did nothing wrong to you, you framed her!"

"Adrien, I-"

"Shut up! We'll settle this with the police!"

- Edited -