20

Chloe looked up from her seat to see Nathaniel walk inside class. Late.

He paid her no attention as he headed towards someone. She tried not to get angry, and most importantly, jealous, as she was trying hard to stop her feelings for Nathaniel. Obviously Nathaniel was not going to return her feelings, so why bother?

She did look back though and saw Nathaniel walk over to Marinette. She clenched and un-clenched her fist, trying not to boil with anger.

"The Principal is asking for you," She heard Nathaniel say.

Weird, if the principal wanted her to come over to his office, why send Nathaniel when he could do that himself?

Of course. Chloe rolled her eyes. Nathaniel was probably trying to get an alone time with Marinette.

It seemed like Marinette had the same question as well, when Chloe heard her ask it.

"I happened to be in the office and he told to me to tell you to come to his office," Nathaniel answered.

Marinette, being the girl of not getting in trouble in school, getting good grades always, and always respecting others, stood up and followed Nathaniel. Marinette didn't really know if Nathaniel was telling the truth about the principal really asking for her.

Chloe gulped and watched them leave class. She couldn't imagine what would happen if Nathaniel was really lying.

Adrien was not in school today. Unfortunately he suddenly caught a sickness, making Chloe think that this was the wrong time to not come to school.

She sighed and raised her hand.

"Can I please use the bathroom?"

Having the teacher's permission, she stood up and left the classroom. Up ahead was Marinette walking in the direction of the principal's office.

What was she to worry now? Chloe found herself useless in this situation. She had just thought Nathaniel had been lying, but turns out not.

She groaned and turned back to head back inside class when she suddenly heard a scream.

Realizing it was Marinette, she quickly ran down the hallways.

Nathaniel was standing there as someone else tried to pull Marinette in the boys' bathroom.

"Hey, stop!"

The person turned and Chloe gasped to see Lila, who looked as surprised as well.

"Chloe, what are you doing here?!" Lila dropped Marinette and folded her arms. "Aren't you supposed to be in class?"

"Aren't you supposed to be in class?!" Chloe glared at her as she walked over to Marinette, who was making her way up from the floor. "What are you guys doing?!"

"Nothing," Nathaniel shrugged. "We were just... Having fun."

"Nathaniel!" Chloe gritted her teeth. "You told Marinette that she was to visit the principal's office. Was that a lie?"

"Obviously it was!" Marinette glared at her. "Can't believe you. What was your intent after pushing me in the bathroom?"

Chloe knew they were planning something, but she couldn't exactly put her fingers on it. She sighed and turned to Marinette.

"Let's go report them. Whatever they were trying to do, they can explain it to the Principal!"

Marinette nodded and started following Chloe down the hallway to the office, Nathaniel and Lila yelling for them to come back and not do anything.

---------

Marinette opened the door slowly and stepped inside the mansion. She still couldn't believe what had happened back at school. For once she was glad Chloe had been there.

She closed the door and started walking up the stairs to her room.

What were Lila and Nathaniel trying to do anyway, and why would they stoop this low to do it?

Marinette felt very angry as she walked inside her room and slammed the door.

"Marinette, is that you?"

"No! It's the Cookie Monster!" Marinette retorted back, rolling her eyes. Who else would it be anyway?

"Marinette, don't give me that attitude." Sabine warned as she walked inside her room. "I heard you had to be sent home early because you were...?"

"Sick..." Marinette finished for her. "I was sick!"

It wasn't a lie anyway. After what Nathaniel and Lila did, she felt sick of them. She felt sick of everything.

How boys were always falling for her. How girls would always hang around her, or despise her. How her life turned out like this.

Why did they have to be rich anyway?!  Why did they have to be known by everyone?!

Marinette fell on her bed. "I don't want to go to school anymore! Never again!"

- Edited -