34

"Why are they acting like a couple? Their secret of them fake dating has been revealed. They don't need to try harder!"

"Wait? What if it was all fake? What if they were never fake dating?"

"But you heard them. They said so themselves."

"Yeah, but what if they were talking about something else?"

"Wait. A new video of them have been posted. Let's watch it together."

Marinette rolled her eyes at the five girls that huddled together behind her. They stared at the screen as they watched the new video.

Lila, still at the police station, she was getting out today. Her parents had been able to confirm that what she did never happened. Besides, there were no proof anyway.

Everyone were talking about the two new couple. Why wouldn't they? Marinette was very popular in Paris, and people loved talking about her.

But exactly what did they mean? Lila had wondered about that. A few days ago, they were talking about her and Adrien fake dating. Now they were a couple.

"Hey! Watch it!" She yelled when someone bumped into her.

"Sorry. I wasn't looking." Lila realized the voice quickly. Standing up, she glared at Marinette, who frowned at her.

"So, what's been happening between you and Adrien?" She asked. Lila folded her arms, waiting for Marinette's reply.

"What do you mean? Us fake dating was only a rumor. It wasn't true," Marinette shrugged.

Lila gasped. "Shut up! I know it was true. You and Adrien were fake dating to make me jealous, weren't you?"

Marinette frowned. "Keep telling yourself that. Not everything is about you, Lila." She huffed and started walking away, leaving Lila to go over what she had said.

She clenched her fist in pure anger and jealousy. She knew Adrien didn't love her, but why did Marinette have to accept him? Why did they have to end up as a couple?

Marinette sighed and stretched. Today had been stressful, especially with lots of people coming and asking her questions. As the most famous person in Paris, they seem to care about her life.

She entered the mansion, and realized she had another person that was going to ask questions.

Sabine Dupain-Cheng was sitting, waiting for Marinette to start talking. Marinette cleared her throat, not knowing where to start.

"Well...?" Sabine folded her arms. "Care to explain what this is about?"

Tom entered the room. He had the same questions as well.

Marinette sighed and started. "Well, me and Adrien were actually fake dating, but then we started to actually date..."

"So then you accepted your feelings for him?" Sabine asked, smirking.

"Y-yeah." Marinette knew her parents were gonna make fun of her for this. "I finally accepted the fact that I actually liked him, and we started dating. And well, things are going well now."

"That's great to hear." Sabine tried to keep her cool and not jump around, asking her when their next date would be.

Marinette nodded and started heading up to her room. She was sure she heard her parents talking after she left the room.

"Ahh, I knew she would start to date him sooner or later!" Came Tom's voice.

"I knew she liked him," Came Sabine's voice. "I wonder when they're having their next date. When are they going to marry? How many kids would they have?! My baby is finally growing up."

Marinette rolled her eyes before heading inside her room.

Parents...

She thought, but couldn't help the small smile that managed to form on her lips.

- Edited -