three

+

'so' luke started, resting his head in his palms with his elbows leaning on the table. he grinned at her and she gave a confused look.

'so what?' she laughed a little.

'are you okay bella?'

the question startled her. no one seemed to care about how she felt, let alone about her anymore.

'im fine' she bluntly sounded.

'you sure?'

'yes'

'no' he replied quickly.

'yes'

'yes'

'no' she let out a groan as she realized he tricked her.

'there' he started, leaning back in the uncomfortable lunch chairs and clasping his hands together at the back of his head 'i knew it' he lightly sung as he let out a small chuckle.

she let out a huff.

'why do you care anyways?' she shifted in her chair and picked at her bracelets.

'why do you care about me caring?' he retorted.

she rolled her eyes playfully at the boy and looked around, her face becoming slightly red.

'why is everyone looking at us' she asked in a hushed tone.

'don't worry about them princess' he reached over to place his hand over hers as he rubbed circles on her cold hand.

she smiled (a real smile, i may add) and looked into his eyes as he grinned at her in the same way.

her grey eyes seemed to mix with his lively blue ones as her thoughts were interrupted by the bell, signaling lunch was over.

bella stood next to a giddy looking luke as he intertwined their pinkies and walked down the hallway.